To start immediately - £12.18 to £13.47 per hour, casual contract approximately 15 hrs per month, term-time only.
We are in search of a Clerk to the Governing Body who is proactive and efficient. This pivotal role involves offering administrative and procedural guidance and reporting directly to the Chair of Governors.
This position involves part-time, remote work, exclusively during school terms. The post requires a certain level of flexibility from the individual holding the position, as the timing of meetings and associated workload may fluctuate.
Typically, Governing Body meetings occur on school premises during evenings, but occasionally they may be conducted virtually.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide advice to the governing body on governance, constitutional and procedural matters
- Provide effective administrative support to the governing body and its committee, which involves preparing agendas in consultation with the Chair of Governors, Executive Headteacher & Head of School; taking and writing up the minutes and distributing documentation and other information to governors
- Ensure the governing body is correctly constituted
- Manage information effectively in accordance with legal requirements, including becoming familiar with the DfE’s Governance Handbook
- Effectively administer meetings
- Attending Clerk briefing sessions run by Reading Borough Council
We are seeking an individual with strong listening and communication abilities, along with the capacity to thrive both independently and collaboratively within a team. Proficiency in English, mathematics, and computing is crucial.
While prior experience is beneficial, it is not mandatory as comprehensive training will be provided.
For further information, please go to our website www.redlandsschool.co.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0118 937 5527.
Applications for this role will be considered on receipt.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The appointment will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check, appropriate references and health clearance.