Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37 per week
The Isle of Wight Council is the administering authority for the Isle of Wight Council Pension Fund, part of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS). It is one of the smallest LGPS funds in England and Wales and holds around £700 million of investment assets on behalf of over 17,000 members across 30 employers on the Isle of Wight.
In a time of unprecedented change in the LGPS, we have created a new Governance Compliance Officer role to support Pension Fund Manager to deliver an effective governance framework for the Isle of Wight Council Pension Fund, by ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, managing the risk framework, and supporting the Pension Fund Committee and Local Pension Board.
About the role
You will be helping the Pension Fund Manager to ensure the fund has key strategy and policy documents and a risk register aligned with the fund’s objectives, and to ensure that the council continues to comply with its statutory responsibilities as an administering authority for the LGPS.
You will assist with the management of the Pension Fund Committee and Local Pension Board by creating agendas, preparing papers and supporting members to obtain and maintain appropriate levels of skills and knowledge.
You will be required to attend meetings of both Committee and Board at County Hall, Newport, Isle of Wight.
You will have:
- A degree or equivalent professional qualification, or demonstrable previous experience in a similar role.
- An understanding of what good governance looks like, ideally with reference to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) or a private sector defined benefit scheme.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain clearly complex issues to non-specialists.
- The ability to prepare and deliver professional presentations and training to groups.
- The ability to plan and organise time and resources to make sure that deadlines and targets are met.
- The personal qualities and skills that promote open and constructive relations with colleagues, scheme members and employers, and external advisers.
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office applications, and the ability to manipulate data.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form. For school vacancies please see further details online regarding their application process.