West Sussex County Council is a diverse organisation that provides services to more than 850,000 residents.
As an employer we recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their full potential, achieve a healthy work-life balance and are rewarded for the work they do.
About The Job
Salary: £24,294 - £24,702 per annum (Salary is prorated if part time)
Contract Type: Fixed Term contract (24 months)
Working Pattern: Full Time and Part Time opportunities available
Reporting to a Team Leader, you will provide a customer focused and efficient administrative service, prioritising your daily tasks in accordance with team requirements and service objectives.
We are looking for a great team player who can build and maintain good working relationships and who can communicate well in English, both verbally and in writing. You will be organised, able to prioritise work and deliver on deadlines.
You will be responsible for delivering a range of administrative tasks to a high standard of quality within agreed timescales. These are likely to include tasks such as data entry, welcoming and signposting the public visiting council receptions, filing, arranging meetings and sending agendas, collating information, updating spreadsheets, ordering stationery, processing applications and updating council IT systems.
Some of these opportunities will also include tasks such as note taking at complex (often sensitive and / or confidential) meetings, arranging large scale events and meetings, co-ordinating statutory panels, collating and presenting information in a clear format, preparing reports and agendas, producing accurate meeting minutes and spreadsheets, and updating council IT systems in order to support service delivery.
Experience and Skills
1. Good communication skills for answering telephone, email and face-to-face queries effectively, communicating with staff and customers.
2. Clear and effective written communication skills to produce accurate meeting minutes, write non-standard correspondence and reports, present data and financial information, and to write and respond to emails appropriately.
3. Good numeracy skills in order to work with figures and data to make sound and accurate financial calculations and data collection, working methodically.
4. Good analytical and problem-solving skills to analyse specialist information and draw practical conclusions and appropriate actions with an understanding of relevant policies and procedures.
5. Ability to identify the most efficient and effective ways of working, embrace change and adapt to changing situations and new ways of working positively and effectively, including the ability to learn new systems and processes.
6. Excellent IT skills enabling effective daily use of office applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Teams, Word and Excel.
Qualifications and/or experience:
* 4 GCSEs with A-C / 4-9 passes including Maths and English, or equivalent qualification or experience demonstrating that level of numeracy and literacy.
* Relevant technical knowledge of procedures and practices associated with delivering an administrative service.
* Sound and accurate overall IT knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Teams.
* Experience of working in an office environment.
* Some knowledge and technical skills in the use of major computerised systems (for example, SAP or Mosaic) - Desirable
Rewards and Benefits
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CAFHE04791.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.
Note for Recruitment Agencies: We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!