REVENUES AND BENEFITS OFFICER
37 HOURS PER WEEK - GRADE 5/6 £24,294 - £29,269
We are looking for a highly motivated Revenues and Benefits Officer to join the Contact Centre team dealing with administration of council tax and benefits. Working as part of a busy team, you will have previous experience of dealing with difficult situations over the phone or on a face to face basis.
Knowledge of and previous experience in the processing of council tax, housing benefit, and localised council tax support would be advantageous, as well as experience in the use of the NEC revenues and benefits software system.
You must have the ability to maintain client confidentiality at all times and have the ability to handle sensitive issues in a professional and courteous manner.
What’s in it for you?
Flexi time and the option to work remotely part of the week as agreed with your line manager.
- Generous annual leave allowance. A minimum of 24 days (pro rata) in addition to all bank holidays, rising to 26 days after four years and 29 days after five years local government service.
- Future development – face to face and virtual courses in line with your developmental goals.
- Employee wellbeing support.
- Free parking on site.
- A local government pension scheme, with generous employer contribution.
- The opportunity to work for the local community and make a difference.
To apply online and for more information about this vacancy, please visit our website www.wyre.gov.uk
How to Apply
A career in local government can be very rewarding, offering a variety of roles and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Wyre Council offers this development through many of its career paths.
To apply for one of our vacancies, click on ‘apply online’ to begin your application