Our vision is to create a fairer, stronger, and cleaner city region. Somewhere we can all be proud of, where no one is left behind. To make our vision a reality we’re looking for people, from all walks of life, who reflect the diversity of our communities, feel connected to our vision, and who role model our three behaviours. [read them here link tbc]
The Combined Authority is led by Metro Mayor Steve Rotheram and brings together Liverpool City Region's six local authorities – Halton, Knowsley, Liverpool, Sefton, St Helens and Wirral – to tackle the big issues that matter to us all, together.
We work together to make investments in areas that have a real impact on our communities, such as transport, employment, culture, digital and housing.
Our aim is to ensure that everyone benefits from the decisions we make. We want to create an environment which allows our economy to thrive for the good of everyone who lives and works in Liverpool City Region.
A vacancy has arisen for a day shift electrician within the maintenance delivery team based at the asset management depot in Wallasey. This is a great opportunity to work on some of Liverpool city regions key and historic assets such as Kingsway and Queensway tunnels and other key transport infrastructure across the region.
Key role and responsibilities:
- Report to the Day Team Leader
- support and respond to all planned and reactive maintenance electrical tasks, safely and in the agreed timescales, across the LCRCA estate. These locations include the Mersey Tunnels, Bus stations and Ferry Terminals.
- This will involve working on wide ranging electrical systems and equipment from HV/LV systems, motors, pumps, Inverter drives and PLC’s, to general lighting and power and PAT, within industrial and commercial environments.
Required skills and knowledge:
- Driving licence – Manual
- Relevant qualification on appointment –City & Guilds in relevant discipline at NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Completion of electrical apprenticeship on appointment and time served with evidence of continuous improvement.
- 18th Edition of IEE Regulations
- Knowledge of relevant Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation, Policy and Procedures
- Team player, Flexible
What we can offer you:
- Local Government Pension Scheme contributions between 5.5% and 12.5%
- Generous holiday entitlement of 29 days as well as bank holidays and the option to buy 5 additional days
- Free travel around Liverpool City Region with an All-Zone Metro card worth £1,450 per year plus All Zones Off Peak Trio ticket for your spouse or partner
- Flexible and hybrid working with role dependent overtime and enhanced pay
- 24/7 access to Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family and Free counselling services
- Corporate discounts at council-owned gyms
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Coaching, mentoring, apprenticeships, and professional qualifications including paid membership fees and even a £1k interest free learning loan for any non-job-related learning
We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for all candidates who met the essential criteria in the job description and who have declared that they: have a disability, are from a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic background, are a member of a reservist or have close family links to a member of the Armed Forces as we are under-represented by people from these communities.
The Liverpool City Region Combined Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.