1st Line ICT Support Technician
Salary: Grade C - £23,500 to £24,294 per year
Hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Long Eaton Town Hall, Derby Road, Long Eaton, Derbyshire, NG10 1HU
Hybrid working available
Join Our Team - 1st Line ICT Support Technician
Are you looking to take the next step in your ICT career? Do you possess a passion for problem-solving and a knack for customer service? Do you want to work for a flexible employer with a great range of employee benefits? If yes, then this could be the job for you!
We are looking for a talented and dedicated 1st Line ICT Support Technician to respond to and resolve our ICT helpdesk queries. As the first point of contact for our service users, you would be a key member of the team.
- Be the IT superhero our service users need by providing rapid and efficient technical support within the council.
- Serve as the frontline problem solver for ICT-related issues and inquiries for PCs, laptops, printers, telephones, mobile phones and desktop application software.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve problems swiftly, ensuring a smooth technology experience for our users and Councillors.
What we need
We are looking for someone who is customer focused, has excellent communication skills and is a self-starter. A good all-round knowledge of desktop support issues including hardware and software installation and problem solving is also required.
You must have experience of Microsoft Windows platforms including Windows 10, Office 365, E-mail, and Anti-Virus software in a networked environment. Experience of using Active Directory and a familiarity of Windows Server OS would be an advantage.
You must also have a full driving licence as you will be required, on occasion, to travel around the borough resolving ICT issues for service users and Elected Members. Generous mileage rates apply for the use of your car.
Why Choose Erewash Borough Council?
This is a great opportunity if you are looking to take the next step in your IT career. Our small ICT Team provides ICT support to the whole council, so agility and responsiveness is key. As you will be involved in a wide variety of work this makes the job a rewarding experience and great for your personal development.
As we usher in a new era with our newly appointed Directors, change and transformation are in the air. Erewash Borough Council offers an exciting and promising future for those who want to make a real impact in the public sector.
Benefits of Working for Us
In addition to a competitive salary, you will also have access to:
- Generous annual leave package – 29 days annual leave (rising to 33 days after 5 years’ continuous service) plus 8 bank holidays a year
- Free workplace car parking within the Borough
- Opportunities for training, learning and continuous professional development
- Family friendly flexible and hybrid/home working policies available
- Flexi Time Scheme with the ability to take an additional 12 days off a year
- Excellent pension scheme with the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Subsidised leisure membership with the Fit for Work scheme
For an informal discussion about this exciting opportunity please contact Jo Watts, HR Manager on 0115 907 1038. No recruitment companies or advertisers please.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday, 5 December 2023 at midnight.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can apply with a CV and a supporting statement, clearly demonstrating suitability and experience for the role.
You will be requested to provide some basic information before you upload your CV.
For further information about working for Erewash Borough Council and how to apply for this job please visit our website at http://www.erewash.gov.uk/job-search
Alternatively, an application form and job description are available from Human Resources, Erewash Borough Council, Town Hall, Wharncliffe Road, Ilkeston, Derbyshire DE7 5RP, Telephone: 0115 931 6000 (24 hr. voicemail) or e-mail: email@example.com
If you are a current employee of Erewash Borough Council and you wish to apply for this vacancy, you must apply through your Employee Self Service account. If you do not have access to Employee Self Service, you must complete a paper or word version of Erewash Borough Council’s job application form.
The Council is positive about disabled people and those who meet the essential shortlisting requirements will be guaranteed an interview.
The Council also supports the Armed Forces Covenant and those who have previously worked in the armed forces and meet the essential shortlisting criteria will be guaranteed an interview.
Please ensure that you make it clear on your application form that you wish to be considered under these criteria.