Closing date - 30th November 2023
Interview date - TBC
As part of its ambitious commitment to carbon reduction, Winchester City Council have allocated multi-million pounds of funding over the next 7 years, to finance retrofit measures to improve the energy efficiency of its housing stock and reduce carbon emissions.
In support of this programme of work the council is now looking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Project Manager. This permanent post in our Property Services team is aimed at someone who is passionate about project delivery ensuring high quality projects that are delivered on time and budget.
The successful candidate will need to be confident in engaging delivery partners to ensure a well-planned and budgeted delivery programme. The candidate should demonstrate experience in project financial management, tender procedures, consultant coordination, contract administration and site inspections. Winchester City Council have put quality at the forefront of their Retrofit programmes and therefore the candidate should have a technical experience on energy upgrades. An interest and/or knowledge on PAS 2030/2035 would be beneficial.
If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity then this is the role for you. In return, we offer an excellent package of benefits including:
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Salary sacrifice scheme for cars and bikes
- 26 days annual leave per year rising to 33 days - dependent on length of service
- 13 days additional flexi leave per year (subject to operational requirements)
- Option to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- Free parking (during work hours) at any Winchester Park and Ride
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounts at a range of major high street brands and the two leisure centres in the district
- Season Ticket loans
- Excellent working environment
- Support for continuous professional development
For an informal discussion, please contact Preshanta Burbidge on 01962 848 175.