Birmingham Children’s Trust is going from strength to strength. We are the largest provider of family support and social care services for children, young people, and families in the country. Our goal is to become a centre of excellence in both social care and family support. By choosing to work for us, you will be part of a supportive, dynamic service contributing to our service improvement journey to ‘Outstanding’.
We have an exciting opportunity within our Business Support Service for a self-motivated Business Support Assistant providing essential support to our practice staff members
You will play an important role in the effective day to day running of the service, we are looking for people who are well organised; have good attention to detail and who can work to and meet tight deadlines; you must be able to work effectively within a team environment, be customer and child focused and be able to deliver the role with a flexible approach.
You will be a ‘can-do' person, who is passionate about high quality service delivery and performance. You will be able to work effectively within a dedicated team environment, be customer focused and able to deliver the role with a flexible approach.
Key skills we will be looking for in your personal statement include:
· Good basic IT Skills
· Good communication and organisational skills
· Good customer service
· Ability to work well under-pressure
· Organising and supporting meetings
· Good Literacy and Numeracy skills
· Good soft skills: active listening, working with key stakeholders of all levels
For further details please contact Imelda Cooke, Business Support Manager Improvement – firstname.lastname@example.org, or Amanda R Keane, Business Support Team Leader– email@example.com
What you can expect from us:
- Being part of a positive, supportive, ‘can-do’ service and wider Trust
- We are a forward thinking, innovative organisation, proactive in delivering the most optimum services for our children, young people and wider local community
- Career development opportunities
- Regular development discussions
And some of the benefits of working for us, click HERE for more about our offer
- Mental health / emotional support – 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Hybrid model of remote working
- 30 days holiday on joining, plus bank holidays. This increases to 32 days after five years’ service, and then 34 days after ten years’ service
- Generous contributory pension scheme
The campaign closes on 8th December 2023
Interviews will be held on 21st December 2023
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
We actively deliver services that are culturally responsive to the needs of the children, parents and carers we work with to deliver equality, diversity and inclusivity in all we do.
How to Apply
Please click Apply Online below to complete your application form