Closing date - 30th November 2023
Interview date - TBC
Permanent, 37 hours per week
As part of its ambitious commitment to carbon reduction, Winchester City Council has allocated multi-million pounds of funding over the next 7 years, to finance retrofit measures to improve the energy efficiency of its housing stock and reduce carbon emissions.
In support of this programme of work the council is now looking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Technical Administrator. This permanent post in our Property Services team is aimed at someone who is organised, a fast learner with good communications skills.
The successful candidate will need to be proficient in Microsoft Excel and will be required to learn other project management and data collecting software. The candidate will be relied on by the retrofit team to data capture, organise property information and produce concise project data to enable their team members to initiate and deliver projects. The candidate will be supporting the Retrofit Coordinator and Retrofit Project Manager providing back of office support and assisting with financial management of projects. The role will also be required to engage with tenants and therefore polite and clear communication skills are a necessity. Winchester City Council have put quality at the forefront of their Retrofit programmes and therefore the candidate would benefit from some property upgrade experience however this is not essential.
If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity then this is the role for you. In return, we offer an excellent package of benefits including:
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Salary sacrifice scheme for cars and bikes
- 26 days annual leave per year rising to 33 days - dependent on length of service
- 13 days additional flexi leave per year (subject to operational requirements)
- Option to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- Free parking (during work hours) at any Winchester Park and Ride
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounts at a range of major high street brands and the two leisure centres in the district
- Season Ticket loans
- Excellent working environment
- Support for continuous professional development
For an informal discussion, please contact Preshanta Burbidge on 01962 848 175.