Starting salary £35,853pa with potential progression to £38,667pa on achieving designated skills and experience
37 hours per week (hybrid working arrangements)
With over 9000 homes in our Borough, we want to continue to provide the very best services to our tenants.
In this key role and it will be up to you to deliver a patch-based income management service that makes this part of our plan happen. The aim of the role is to recover outstanding money as efficiently as possible as well as assisting the council’s tenants who find themselves in financial difficulties.
You’ll deliver our promise of being a high quality landlord, maximising our income by providing an efficient and customer focused income recovery service responsible for collecting over £50 million in rent each year. You will manage the complete arrears recovery process for a caseload across a patch of properties taking legal action, preparing court documents, representing the council in court and carrying out evictions.
To be successful in this role you'll need:
- Experience in income management or debt recovery/collection.
- Experience of instigating and taking legal action to recover rent arrears.
- Up to date knowledge of Housing Legislation and related case law and good technical knowledge of income recovery processes Excellent customer service skills.
- A working knowledge of welfare benefits.
- To be a self-starter with a proactive approach and possess the ability to work without close supervision.
- To have effective decision-making skills, a diplomatic and confidential approach and the ability to prioritise a busy workload.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Welwyn Hatfield as we are on a journey of transforming our services with the aim of improving the lives of everyone who lives and works in the Borough.
The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential in this post.
Closing date for applications is 3 December 2023.
Remote assessments will be held on 7 December 2023.
Interviews will be held on 12 and 13 December 2023.