Here at West Sussex County Council, we are ambitious for our children and our workforce. We are committed to improving our services for the children and families in West Sussex we support. You will join us as at a key time on our improvement journey. The recent Ofsted report shows how far we've come and we are driving forward our 'Children First' improvement plan. We've also recently consolidated our systems across Children Young People and Learning. This has led to the need for this role to support us achieve excellence.
We don't underestimate the work that still needs to be done and the challenge ahead. That's why we need professionals, like you, who really want to be part of the positive change that is happening. Be part of an ambitious improvement plan and make a significant difference to children and families in West Sussex. There's never been a more rewarding time to join.
Location: Based at County Hall, Chichester with hybrid working available and to be discussed at interview
Do you love data? Do you have an eye for detail? If you have excellent analytical and research skills and want to make a difference to the children in your community, then we have the job for you…
The Practice Systems Team supports services such as Children's Socal Care, Early Help and Education Support and is currently looking for a new colleague to join the team as a Data Quality Officer. As a Children's Data Quality Officer (Synergy & Core+), you will primarily, but not exclusively, work with Synergy and Core+ systems. You will manage data quality within the system, assisting a variety of services.
If you are someone who enjoys ensuring that the quality of information and data is of the highest standard and have a good eye for detail, then we want to hear from you. You will need to:
- Have excellent analytical skills - to analyse and evaluate data as well as be able to cross check and investigate data anomalies.
- Be Highly computer literate with sound and accurate IT skills.
- Be methodical in your approach.
- Have excellent concentration and focus.
- Be an excellent communicator - both written and verbal - and work effectively with a range of colleagues across the organisation.
- Organise your own workload to meet business needs.
- Use your initiative and independently respond to unanticipated problems or situations, with advice and guidance from your manager regarding serious problems.
For more information on the Key Skills as well as the Qualifications and/or experience required, please refer to the Job Description attached.
As an employer we recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their full potential, achieve a healthy work-life balance and are rewarded for the work they do. Upon joining us you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- an excellent local government pension scheme
- generous holiday entitlement of 28 days (plus opportunity to buy additional leave)
- a range of flexible working options, depending on your job role
- maternity, paternity, dependency and adoption leave
- volunteering opportunities
- training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- a range of discounts giving our staff access to hundreds of offers; groceries, travel, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities, high street retailers and the opportunity to save over £1,000 a year through our West Sussex Choices benefits platform (see our Staff discounts page if you are a business looking to offer a discount)
- health and wellbeing benefits including access to our Employee Assistance Programme, Mental Health First Aiders and Voluntary Health Cash Plans
For a full list this can be found at our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CAFHE04808.
To apply, please follow the links below to upload your CV and Cover Letter. In your cover letter please outline your motivations for applying and explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role (please refer to the key skills) ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to 3 years referencing and a health check.
Equity, inclusion and accessibility is very important to West Sussex County Council. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone, as this helps us build a diverse and talented workforce, that reflects the communities we serve. We ensure our approach to recruitment is flexible and supportive to enable all applicants to be at their best and to ensure they have the best possible chance of success.
We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for applicants that have a disability, are a veteran or are a care leaver. More information can be found on our application help page.