West Berkshire Council is seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Payroll Assistant to join the Human Resources Service at our Market Street Offices. This role is crucial to the smooth operation of our payroll function, ensuring accurate and timely processing of payroll for our 6000 employees.
- Assist in processing monthly payroll accurately and in accordance with legal and statutory requirements.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date employee records, including starters, leavers, overtime and absence.
- Answer payroll queries from employees and provide them with the necessary advice and support.
- Collaborate with HR colleagues to ensure the timely provision of payroll and employment data.
- Support the production and distribution of payroll reports and documents.
- Assist with the preparation of payroll documentation for audit purposes.
- Keep up-to-date with changes in payroll legislation and best practices.
Skills and Attributes:
- Experience working in a payroll or finance environment.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient in the use of payroll software and Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of payroll legislation and statutory requirements.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- A positive and proactive approach to problem-solving.
Why work for West Berkshire Council?
At West Berkshire Council, we value our employees and provide them with a supportive and inclusive working environment. As well as a competitive salary of up to £24,496 per annum, working 37 hours a week, we offer arange of excellent employment benefits, including:
- Flexible working arrangements: We understand the importance of achieving a healthy work-life balance.
- Access to a wide range of relevant training and development opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career.
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Family-friendly policies to support a positive work-life balance.
- A variety of local discounts, allowing you to enjoy great offers and savings.
- Employee wellbeing services, including an Employee Assistance Programme.
To learn more about the Payroll Assistant role or for an informal discussion, please contact Fiona Salter, Payroll Manager, on 01635 519641 or email Fiona.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us at West Berkshire Council and make a difference in a dynamic andrewarding environment.
Apply now to become part of our team and contribute to the success of our payroll function.
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.