West Berkshire Council is seeking an experienced and driven HR professional to join our HR Business Partnering team as an HR BusinessPartner. Reporting to the HR Business Partnering Manager, this role willplay a vital part in delivering effective people strategies and solutions tosupport our corporate functions.
As an HR Business Partner, you will work closely with senior leaders and managers across various departments, including Finance, Legal, Procurement, and IT, to provide expert HR advice and guidance. You will act as a trusted advisor, supporting the development and implementation of HR initiatives aligned with the Council's goals and objectives.
- Partner with senior leaders to understand business needs and align HR solutions accordingly.
- Proactively identify and address HR-related challenges and recommend effective solutions.
- Provide guidance to managers in areas such as performance management, employee relations, talent development, and workforce planning.
- Lead on change initiatives, ensuring effective change management and communication processes.
- Support the continuous improvement of HR processes, policies, and systems.
- Collaborate with the wider HR team to share best practices and contribute to the development of HR strategies.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Significant experience as an HR Business Partner or similar role within the public sector.
- A strong understanding of employment law and HR best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven experience in leading and implementing HR projects.
At West Berkshire Council, we value our employees and offer a range of attractive benefits:
- Flexible working wherever possible to promot work-life balance
- Hybrid working wherever possible working 40% in the office
- Access to a wide range of training and development opportunities
- Generous Local Government pension scheme
- Family friendly policies
- A range of local discounts
- Wellbeing Programme including Employee Assistance Programme and employee benefits
- You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement starting at 29 days per annum (plus public holidays) Rising by an additional 5 days after 5 years’ service.
If you are interested in working with us and would like to know more, please do not hesitate to conact Karen Turner via email: Karen.Turner2@westberks.gov.uk for an informal chat.
Join West Berkshire Council and be part of an organization committed to improving the lives of our residents and making a positive impact in ourcommunity. Apply now with your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role. We look forward to receiving your application.
We are ideally looking to offer the successful candidate the full number of hours advertised above. We may however consider offering less hours than advertised providing they meet the requirements of the role and service which will be determined by the recruiting manager.
Closing date: 27th November 2023
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.