The My Family Plan Facilitator role is based within the Early Response Hub in West Berkshire Council’s Contact, Advice and Assessment service.
Within West Berkshire, the My Family Plan is an earlier help tool which professionals use to create and review a support plan for children and their families. The MFP Facilitator supports the lead professional who works with the family.
We have the opportunity for three skilled communicators to join our Contact, Advice and Assessment Service in the role of My Family Plan Facilitator (MFP Facilitator).
West Berkshire Council is an Ofsted rated GOOD Local Authority.
- To work directly with West Berkshire schools with the training, development and use of West Berkshire’s early help Tool; My Family Plan (MFP).
- To embed MFP into every day practice, as part of the Universal early help offer.
- To promote earlier identification with an offer of advice, support and direct interventions at the earliest opportunity.
- Provide training and guidance to schools on My Family Plan and how to use the tool for early help support.
- Provide a dedicated mentoring and consultation provision for schools, where children and their families have been identified as requiring additional help and support in the community.
- Provide new opportunities for the community co-ordination of My Family Plans, as a way to identify and support children in need at the earliest opportunity.
- In partnership with Children’s Services, My Family First support the provision of Group Supervisions to help support schools to develop plans, access early help resources where My Family Plans have got stuck or could be more effective in promoting change with and for the family.
- Monitoring outcomes measured by the family’s progress on the My Family Plan over a minimum of six months.
The ideal candidate would have the following skills and attributes:
- Two or more years of experience working with children and families.
- Experience of communicating with a wide range of people both members of the public, and professionals.
- Highly organised and have excellent communication skills as they will be in regular contact with our external partner agencies.
- Confident in their approach and demeanour and able to assert themselves professionally within discussions with lead professionals.
This role has the option for offering less hours than advertised, providing you meet the requirements of the role and service as determined by the recruiting manager.
Our offer to you
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- We offer flexible working wherever possible between the hours of 07.00-19.00
- We offer hybrid working wherever possible working 40% in the office
- Access to a wide range of training and development opportunities
- Local government pension scheme
- Family friendly policies
- A range of local discounts
- Wellbeing Programme including Employee Assistance Programme and employee benefits
- You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days per annum (plus public holidays) Rising by an additional 5 days after 5 years’ service.
- Annual starting salary of between £24,054 - £27,852
All roles will be subject to an annual banding pay review until the top of the pay grade is reached (following successfully passing probation) All roles will be eligible for the annual national pay award.
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
West Berkshire council is a forward thinking and ambitious council. We have a positive attitude to our work and focus on excellent teamwork to deliver award winning services for our residents and businesses.
We employ over 1,500 members of staff corporately, plus additional members of staff working across our local schools and education settings. We offer a wide array of opportunities for training and development and varied career progression opportunities.
Our staff support the delivery of a wide range of services on behalf of the Council. Ranging from garden waste collection, planning and roadworks to caring for those in our communities. Everything we do is focused on our priority for improvement and delivering our values of fairness, integrity and being customer focused.
If you interested in working with us and want to know more, do not hesitate to contact Steph Coomber, Team Manager on 01635 503190 for an informal chat about this role.