Job Title: Business Administrator Level 3 Apprentice
Location: St John Plessington Catholic College
Responsible To: Technical Business Support Lead
Salary Grade: National Apprentice Rate £9,029-£17,833 per annum (actual)
Please see hourly rates below:
Under 19 19 to 20 21 to 22 23 and over
In 1st year £4.81 £4.81 £4.81 £4.81
Have completed 1st year
£4.81 £6.83 £9.18 £9.50
Contract: Fixed-term initially for approximately 21 months from the start date (until end of apprenticeship) - 36 hours per week, 52 weeks per year. Annual leave to be taken in non-term time.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 24th November 2023 at 12.00pm
The governors of St John Plessington Catholic College are looking for an enthusiastic individual to provide administrative support for the delivery of effective business support services in the running of the school. The successful candidate will be extremely well supported, working alongside a passionate team of teachers and support staff.
St John Plessington Catholic College is a Voluntary Aided Catholic 11-18 Academy. We are part of the Holy Family Catholic Multi Academy Trust. We serve the population of the Wirral and are oversubscribed in all year groups with 1629 pupils.
- To undertake all aspects of general administrative tasks in the support of delivering a business support service to the school, under the direction of the School Business Support Lead
- Providing administrative support for Exams and Admissions as required
- To undertake administrative support to the team, providing cover and additional capacity during busy and peak periods, under the direction of the School Business Support Lead
- Assisting with reprographics tasks, providing support for cover and during busy peak periods
- Maintaining manual and computerised records/management information systems
- To operate relevant IT equipment and software packages e.g. Word, Excel, databases and internet Attending and participating in relevant meetings as required
- Participating in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
- A unique opportunity to work for a MAT which is one of 87 national teaching school hubs and includes the lead school for Cheshire and Wirral Maths Hub
- Mentoring and high level training
- Encouragement to develop your career with excellent promotion opportunities and opportunities
- A caring environment with well-being and work/life balance at its core.
- Inclusion in whole school and MAT teams - working together to achieve ambitious outcomes whilst valuing every individual’s contribution
In line with Keeping Children Safe in Education, Holy Family Multi Academy Trust will undertake general online searches for all shortlisted candidates, this may include social media and video platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok and You Tube. Online searches will only examine data that is publicly available, and the aim is to identify any incidents or issues. Any areas of concern will be discussed during the interview process. To assist in this part of the process we would appreciate it if you would complete the attached Social Media form and return it with your application.
The successful applicant will be subject to relevant clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service. All applicants will be considered on the basis of suitability for the post regardless of sex, race or disability. All applicants invited to interview must evidence their right to work in the UK.
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter and completed application form for the attention of Mr P McLoughlin, Headteacher, to email@example.com. For further information please visit the ‘Vacancies’ section on our website www.hfcmat.com.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and individually take responsibility for doing so.
St John Plessington Catholic College
Old Chester Road
Tel: 0151 645 5049