Parklands is a residential respite unit for young people. Our home provides short breaks for young people who have learning disabilities and complex health needs.
We are recruiting a Senior Residential Worker to join our team at Parklands where you will be working directly with children and young people providing personal, health, social and domestic care in accordance with individual care plans. You will also be required to manage a small, dedicated team of care workers, ensuring high standards of care at all times.
You will be expected to work various shifts on a flexible 4 week rota pattern including evenings, weekends, bank holidays and waking nights.
In return for your commitment we are proud to offer an excellent benefits package and opportunities to access a range of professional development and support including -
- A basic salary of £28,374 - £33,723 per annum
- Generous annual leave entitlement of between 25 - 29 days plus bank holidays
- Excellent local government pension scheme (employer contribution rate of 18.3%)
- Access to wider training and development qualifications to support your career progression
- Flexible working scheme
- Travel plan discounts
- Access to CAREFIRST advice & counselling service
- Employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
You will have -
- Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent
- GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths
- A proven ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with children and young people, their families and professionals involved in their care
- Good communications skills, verbal and written
- Previous experience of managing staff
- Previous experience of working directly with children and young people in a children’s residential setting.
- An understanding of issues for disabled children and their families, and the development needs of children and young people
- A full driving licence
If you feel you are highly motivated, resilient and passionate about enhancing the lives of our children and young people then we would love to hear from you.
For an informal discussion about the role please call Caren Smith, Registered Manager on 01634 338509.
This post is subject to an enhanced Children’s DBS check.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile
Equal Opportunities Commitment Statement
Medway Council is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All appropriately qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, family commitments, sexual orientation, age, HIV status, religious or political beliefs, social class or trade union activity or irrelevant spent conviction.
For further information please refer to the Medway information pack available as a download or to view online
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.