Job Title: Teacher of Maths
Location: St John Plessington Catholic College
Responsible To: Head of Department
Salary Grade: MPS/UPS
Contract: This is a full-time 1 FTE, permanent contract
Start Date: April 2024, or sooner if possible
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 1st December 2023
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, dynamic and inspirational Teacher of Maths to join a thriving and successful curriculum area.
This role represents an incredibly exciting opportunity for a reflective practitioner who is eager to be a part of an organisation that seeks to secure the very highest educational standards for students. We are looking for a practitioner who has high standards, commitment, passion and the ability to teach across the full range of age and ability.
The successful candidate will share in our vision for Catholic Education, as part of a successful and experienced Maths department, that is committed to raising academic standards for all students whilst supporting the spiritual and moral development of the whole person.
This is an opportunity to join a Maths department where a love of Maths is nurtured and students are encouraged to develop a love of Maths beyond the classroom.
We are looking for teachers who:
- Want to transform children’s lives and develop a love of Maths
- Are excellent classroom practitioners
- Work well with staff and students alike
- Are looking to join a community of schools that promotes the formation of young people into successful citizens
- Are interested in developing their practice and committed to their own professional development
- A unique opportunity to work for a MAT which is one of 87 national teaching school hubs and includes the lead school for Cheshire and Wirral Maths Hub
- Mentoring and high level training
- Encouragement to develop your career with excellent promotion opportunities and opportunities
- A caring environment with well-being and work/life balance at its core
- Inclusion in whole school and MAT teams - working together to achieve ambitious outcomes whilst valuing every individual’s contribution
In line with Keeping Children Safe in Education, Holy Family Multi Academy Trust will undertake general online searches for all shortlisted candidates, this may include social media and video platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube. Online searches will only examine data that is publicly available, and the aim is to identify any incidents or issues. Any areas of concern will be discussed during the interview process.
The successful applicant will be subject to relevant clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service. All applicants will be considered on the basis of suitability for the post regardless of sex, race or disability. All applicants invited to interview must evidence their right to work in the UK.
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter and completed application form for the attention of Mr P McLoughlin, Headteacher, to email@example.com. For further information please visit the ‘Vacancies’ section on our website www.stjohnplessington.com.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and individually take responsibility for doing so.
St John Plessington Catholic College
Old Chester Road
Tel: 0151 645 5049