An exciting opportunity is available for a Senior Practitioner within the Hospital Discharge Team.
We are looking for individuals who enjoy working as part of a fast paced supportive team to provide an effective adult social care hospital discharge team as directed by managers on behalf of social care staff and partners.
You will also have operational management responsibility for the day to day running of the service and supervisory responsibility for social workers, student social workers and assistant care managers.
The role will include the following:
- Experience in working in a fast paced hospital discharge team.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- To be professionally accountable and responsible for all aspects of own work.
- To establish and maintain effective working relationships both within the Local Authority and with partner agencies.
- Liaise with service users and their families around the assessment, review and case management process.
- To use professional knowledge, skills and expertise when working in changing environments and across professional boundaries
- Demonstrate an understanding of appropriate legislative frameworks which underpin practice such as The Care Act and Mental Capacity Act
At Knowsley Council we will consider requests for flexible working.
For informal enquiries please contact Jennifer Edwards, email: firstname.lastname@example.org tel: 07385945111.