Job Title: Library Manager
Starting Salary: £32,076 with the opportunity to progress to £34,834 per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
This is a rare opportunity to lead and manage the team of a busy library in Hertfordshire and be at the heart of a thriving local community. Hitchin Library is a Tier 1 Library located close to Hitchin town centre, serving a diverse community, open to the public five days a week. The library incorporates a new CreatorSpace which offers a range of creative tech-based training and activities.
We are looking for someone who has the drive to develop the Hertfordshire Libraries vision to deliver a high-quality library service that is sustainable into the future and remains relevant to the diverse and changing needs of Hertfordshire residents. You will work in close partnership with local communities, and provide an enhanced gateway to reading, information and wellbeing.
The main duties and responsibilities:
- To promote the library service to the wider community, and to actively engage with local partnerships and organisations
- To act as the face of the library service in the community and lead and motivate the library team to deliver and achieve service objectives
- To undertake the role of site manager at the library with responsibility for providing a library service to the community and for the day-to-day management and supervision of its operation
- As a member of the East Area Management team, take responsibility for the development and delivery of service provision within the area.
- To contribute to the ambition of attracting more visitors through participation in outreach and promotional activities in the community, and via partnership working with relevant organisations and community groups.
This is a key role where you’ll need to be able to adapt your leadership and management skills to support the Hitchin team as well as have an active role in Area and County projects.
An opportunity to have real impact in the community, lead a great team and be actively involved in a range of incentives to deliver high quality Library services in Hertfordshire.
Closing Date: 17.12.2023
Interview Date: 09.01.2024
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Senior Operations Librarian Carol Hill on 0300 123 4049
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.