Birmingham Children’s Trust is going from strength to strength. We are the largest provider of family support and social care services for children, young people and families in the UK and Europe. Our goal is to become a centre of excellence in both social care and family support. By choosing to work for us, you will be part of a supportive, dynamic service contributing to our service improvement journey to ‘Outstanding’.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
We actively deliver services that are culturally responsive to the needs of the children, parents and carers we work with to deliver equality, diversity and inclusivity in all we do.
We have an opportunity within our Business Support Service for a passionate and self-motivated Team Leader providing essential support to the Legal Team and out Practice colleagues. As Team Leader for the Legal Services Support team, you will have a pivotal role in supporting the smooth and efficient delivery of all aspects of the service.
You will be a ‘can-do' person, who is passionate about delivering a high-quality service and can effectively monitor performance. You will be able to work effectively within a dedicated team environment, be child and customer focused and be able to deliver the role with a flexible forward-thinking and creative approach.
You will have a critical role in the effective day to day running of the Business Support Service and as such you will have demonstrable experience of managing and leading teams through change; you will possess strong stakeholder relationship and management skills; you will have a strong focus on quality and be confident to make improvements where necessary; you will have outstanding leadership and management skills, be well organised, creative and innovative in your thinking and approach. You will have the skills and confidence to set work and meet tight deadlines; and be articulate, flexible, and proactive.
Your strong managerial experience will enable you to communicate clear expectations both to individuals and more widely to a large team and will enable you to effectively motivate and delegate where necessary.
What you can expect from us:
- Being part of a positive, supportive, ‘can-do’ service and wider Trust
- We are a forward thinking, innovative organisation, proactive in delivering the most optimum services for our children, young people and wider local community
- Career development opportunities
- Opportunities to contribute to our service improvement journey
- A full leadership training package will be offered along with regular development discussions
And some of the benefits of working for us, click HERE for more about our offer
- Mental health / emotional support – 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Hybrid model of remote working with a maximum of 2 days per week in the office to suit your work/life balance
- 30 days holiday on joining, plus bank holidays. This increases to 32 days after five years’ service, and then 34 days after ten years’ service
- Generous contributory pension scheme
For further details please contact Michelle Mahoney, Business Support Manager - Michelle.firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held either via MS Teams.