West Berkshire Council are looking for an enthusiastic driver with good communication skills, good timekeeping, and a friendly positive attitude.
Your roles will involve driving a minibus bus across the local district, providing vital links for residents in rural areas to essential services. You will also transport vulnerable adults and children as part of the Transport Services team.
We are looking for someone to work full-time. Overtime may also be available.
You need to have a Full Driving Licence which must include Category D1 to drive minibuses as a minimum qualification.
There may also be the opportunity to work towards obtaining a full bus licence Category D for the appropriate candidate.
West Berkshire Council offer excellent employment benefits such as:
- Flexible working
- Access to a wide range of training and development opportunities
- Generous Local Government pension scheme
- Family friendly policies
- A range of local discounts
- Wellbeing Programme including Employee Assistance Programme and employee benefits
- You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days per annum (plus public holidays) Rising by an additional 5 days after 5 years’ service.
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please read the Job Description and Person Specific requirements before applying for this post.
For more details and any questions please contact either Paul Stennett on 01635 503247 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Or Sandra Hemsley on 01635 503491 or email email@example.com