About the role
We are looking for an Administrator to join our Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) service. The work is varied and interesting in a supportive environment. In light of COVID, the Local Authority favour a ‘hybrid’ model of working and so we are able to support someone working at home but there may be a requirement for office based work if necessary, the exact arrangements to be agreed in discussion with the applicants/successful candidate.
The AMHP Service is responsible for providing a statutory service on behalf of North Somerset Council. The Service is based in the offices of the Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership Trust (AWP). So as the administrator for the service, although you will have contact with multi-disciplinary staff, you will work directly for the AMHP service and North Somerset Local Authority.
The service is responsible for carrying out Mental Health Act assessments and giving professional advice in relation to the appropriateness of carrying out these assessments. Requests can come from a variety of sources including AWP, Local Authority staff and family members.
The AMHP service prides itself on providing a professional response to those who contact us. As the administrator for this service you will often be the initial point of contact, so you will require good inter-personal and communication skills. You will need to be able to accurately record initial contact details from those who contact the service and relay this information to professionals who will be responsible for following up the enquires and referrals made.
If successful you will be provided with an induction and any necessary training on the use of the information record keeping systems used within North Somerset Council and AWP but previous experience of working as an administrator will be an advantage.
You will primarily support the business functions of the AMHP service but will be part of an administration team, who currently provide administration support to the mental health teams within North Somerset i.e. the recovery team and the Complex Intervention and Treatment Team. You may be required to provide cover for the NSC administration functions within these teams if necessary, for periods of leave or sickness, alongside your AMHP administration role when necessary and you have capacity to do so.
You will be the first point of contact for the AMHP service and also work in conjunction with the other team administrators to ensure the smooth running of the service.
This position is exempt under the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975 and is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
You will need:
- A comprehensive level of IT literacy skills and be familiar with using WORD, EXCEL and the use of databases.
- Skills in keeping accurate and up to date records in relation to the activity of the service.
- An ability to work flexibly and respond to the demands of the service
- Excellent organisation skills
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Work independently and as a part of a team
Our council vision is ‘an open, fairer, greener North Somerset’ and we have three key priorities:
- A thriving and sustainable place
- A council which empowers and cares about people
- An open and enabling organisation.
Our organisational values are important. They help guide us in how we work and provide services for our residents. Our people produced our values in collaboration with elected members. They provide a strong ethos and help us to deliver our ambitious agenda, working in partnership across the council and beyond:
- We act with integrity
- We respect each other
- We innovate
- We care
- We collaborate.
- A competitive salary,
- Family leave options,
- A pension scheme, where we pay a significant contribution on top of your contribution. It provides life cover and ill-health protection,
- Opportunities to develop your skills, knowledge and potential,
- Generous leave entitlement (25 days, rising to 30 days) and bank holidays, plus the option to buy up to an extra 10 days,
- Discounts on shopping, days out, travel and gym memberships,
- Agile and flexible working arrangements to help you enjoy a healthy work-life balance,
- 24/7 access to our Employee Assistance Programme.
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Amanda Ralph, AMHP Team Manager/Lead on 07392 137995.
Anticipated interview date: Monday 04 December 2023.
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
North Somerset Council – Open, Fairer, Greener.