We are looking to recruit a talented and inspirational individual to lead the funding, sufficiency and compliance team within the Early Education and Childcare Service. You will lead a team of officers, currently being established, to lead on market management of the early years sector to ensure sufficiency of places, compliance, and funding.
The role will include communicating with the Early years sector and identifying key priorities to ensure sufficiency of places across West Northants.Our benefits
We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days annual leave per year, 29 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme
- Professional subscriptions / registration - if your job description requires that you are registered with or are a member of a professional body, WNC will pay for your professional subscription or membership fees
- Employee Assistance Programme - We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options to support your work/life balance, including full or part time, term time, 9-day fortnight, etc. (subject to business needs).
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference - If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people's lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
You will lead a team of officers to embed a systematic and accurate approach to providing data sets and producing reports including the production of annual Childcare Sufficiency Assessments and Early Years and Childcare Sufficiency Strategy.
You will lead, in partnership with the Early Years Lead, on the annual consultation with the early years and childcare sector in relation to funding rates and model, ensuring all providers have the opportunity to interpret and respond to proposals.About you
You will have extensive experience of working within the Early Education and Childcare sector and be conscientious in keeping up to date with local and national developments, understanding the challenges and benefits that these bring to the sector.
The ability to build positive relationships with a variety of stakeholders is key to effective practice and the ability to problem solve is essential. You will also have experience of directing and coordinating the work of others.
We want a talented, ambitious and passionate person to come and take on this challenging and rewarding role.About us
We're a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government reform in recent history. As a new authority, we're embarking on an exciting journey to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and communities.
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is 'to make West Northants a great place to live, work, visit and thrive'. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance, Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver services.
Hear more from Anna Earnshaw, our Chief Executive, about working for West Northants Council: https://youtu.be/lV0EfeUF4aU
At West Northants Council, it's about our people. People who thrive with ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail, and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-minded people.
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.