Hours of work: 26 hours per week
Working pattern: Part-time
Closing date: Monday 4 December 2023
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Iford and Kingston School, Wellgreen Lane, Kingston, East Sussex, BN7 3NR; and Hamsey School, Cooksbridge, Lewes, BN8 4SJ
Phone: 01273 474973 (Iford and Kingston) and 01273 400370 (Hamsey)
Website: www.iford-kingston.e-sussex.sch.uk and www.hamsey.e-sussex.sch.uk
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2009.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2009 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2009 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2009 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted
About the role
Skylark Federation are looking for an exciting, energetic and fun practitioner to join our team at Hamsey and Iford and KIngston Schools.
Skylark Federation offers many opportunities for collaborative work and help to develop innovative practice and professional development. Are you ready for the challenge?
We are looking for a SENDCo to join our friendly and ambitious teams. You will need to have a commitment to high standards and achievement and be able to inspire excellence. Are you the person we are looking for?
This is a part time, four days a week permanent leadership position commencing in April 2024.
The ideal candidate will:
- be a qualified teacher with the knowledge and experience of teaching pupils with special educational and behavioural needs;
- have a proven record of successful leadership at senior or middle level;
- have experience of leading and managing staff in developing and implementing effective provision for vulnerable pupils;
- be a rigorous and committed professional who is ambitious for the federation and its pupils;
- remain resilient through challenges;
- have a good knowledge of Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance;
- have the interpersonal skills necessary to inspire and lead others;
- have the capacity to develop and promote our vision for inclusion.
The federation will offer:
- the chance to be part of a federation which supports career-enhancing opportunities;
- children who behave well and show excellent attitudes to both their learning and relationships with others;
- a welcoming, friendly and supportive staff team;
- personalised professional development;
- a rewarding and happy place to be;
We would encourage you to plan a visit to our schools. Please email our business manager, Mrs Hill, to request an application pack and make an appointment.
Closing date: 4 December 2023
Proposed interview date: 6 December 2023
Application forms and further details are available by email from: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to welcoming you to Skylark Federation!
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.