36.5 hours per week/22.5 hours per week
Birmingham Youth Offending Service is in the middle of an exciting and extensive modernisation programme with a clear goal to become the sector leading youth justice service. We are creating a progressive, creative, energetic and inspiring Service that is best equipped to understand and reduce offending behaviour amongst children and we are looking for the right people to help us to achieve this.
You are the right person if you:
· can see beyond the offence and see the child.
· want to tackle head on disproportionality and inequality across youth justice.
· believe that behaviour is a form of communication and offending is symptomatic of their experiences.
· are committed to hearing the voice of the child, their families/carers and their victims and bringing this into the centre of what we do.
· want to work with children to build on their strengths and promote a childhood removed from the justice system.
We have 2 Youth Offending Team Officer vacancies within our 4 area teams that are spread across the city. This role will involve you being the Responsible Officer for children who are open to the Birmingham Youth Offending Service on either a statutory or non-statutory basis, who will lead on assessments and plans to ensure all their risks and needs are fully understood, addressed and reduced to enable that child to move away from the justice system.
There is nothing more fulfilling and rewarding than knowing that you have helped a child but if that is not enough, then these vacancies also come with:
· Competitive rewards, including salary
· Generous Annual Leave allocation
· Various additional employee benefits
· Opportunity to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
· A commitment to your personal learning and development
· Excellent career progression opportunities
To find out more about 'Our Offer' to you, please click HERE
Come and join us on our journey and help achieve the best outcomes for the children of Birmingham.
Closing Date for all positions is Sunday 3rd December 2023 with interviews being held on w/c 18th December 2023.
If you are interested in having a conversation about any of our vacancies, please contact BirminghamYOS@birminghamchildrenstrust.co.uk and let us know what role you would like to discuss further. A member of the leadership team will be in touch.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
We actively deliver services that are culturally responsive to the needs of the children, parents and carers we work with to deliver equality, diversity and inclusivity in all we do.
How to Apply
Please click Apply Online below to complete your application form