Required for January 2024 (or before for the right candidate)
The Federation of Oxford Road Community School & Wilson Primary School is happy, nurturing and highly ambitious. We are a thriving Federation with two SEND classrooms (Pathways & Footsteps) on the Wilson Primary School site.
Pathways is a small class provision for children with communication and interaction difficulties, including Autism. Footsteps is a small, nurturing provision offering a predictable, calm, purposeful environment for those children who would benefit from small group, specialised teaching and learning opportunities.
We have recently opened an additional resource at Oxford Road Community School, supporting children with communication and interaction needs as well as severe learning difficulties.
We wish to appoint an individual who is passionate about working with children with SEND to lead the class. Someone who is enthusiastic, fun, solution focused, calm and a team player.
This role would be ideal for you if………
- You have previous experience of working with children with SEND, in particular with ASD;
- You are an excellent communicator who can form positive relationships with children and parents;
- You have developed programmes of learning;
- You have liaised with external agencies and a range of other professionals,
- You have coordinated the work of support staff;
- You have a growth mind-set;
- You are a patient, kind and caring person;
In return we can offer you………
- An enthusiastic, caring staff team who have high expectations of themselves and the children;
- A supportive Senior Leadership team with a strong commitment to the school;
- A comprehensive induction programme and opportunities for excellent, high quality professional development;
- The opportunity to help develop the vision for children with SEND
- A school where ‘Inclusion’ is central to our planning.
We wish to make an appointment as soon as possible and will consider applications upon receipt, therefore candidates are encouraged to apply straight away.
For further information about our school or for the application packs please visit our website: https://oxfordroad.reading.sch.uk
If you would like to arrange a visit, which we welcome, please contact the school by telephone or email email@example.com
For the purposes of Equal Opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position requires an enhanced DBS check.
This post is exempt from section 4(2) of the rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974