We are looking for a part-time Administration Assistant for our busy but friendly school.
At Mareham, we aim to create a friendly, inclusive environment believing that God is the thread that pulls us together as one community moving forward into the wider world.
Mareham Le Fen CE Primary School, School Lane, Mareham Le Fen, Boston, Lincolnshire PE22 7QB
Grade G3 6-9 Salary £9,408 to £9,930
Permanent part-time 19.5hrs/ week, term time plus 1 week (39 weeks)
Closing date: 24th November 2023
Interview date: Friday 8th December 2023
Start date: 3rd January 2024
Purpose of the role:
- To be an ambassador for the school when meeting parents and other visitors and act as the first point of contact
- To provide general admin support to the school and assist in the efficient running of the school office
- To contribute to the overall vision and ethos of the school
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Telephone and reception duties providing a warm welcome to all
- Deal with telephone, email and face to face enquiries in an efficient and professional manner following schools data protection and confidentiality policies
- Assist in maintaining the security and safeguarding of the school
- Filing, photocopying and completion of routine forms
- Receive and record outgoing mail. Receive incoming goods and check against orders as required
- Assist in the arrangement of school activities
- Assist in the compilation and input of data, reports and records
- Create and distribute half termly newsletters
- Provide information and admin support to other staff members as required
- Administering first aid (training will be provided)
- Check registers daily and monitor attendance
- Maintain the school diary
- Process payments from parents and pupils, which may include cash, according to the school’s finance policy
- Assist the Bursar with Premises and Health and Safety matters
- Assist with promoting the school on social media and the school website
Candidates should have:
- GCSE Maths and English (Grade C or above) or an equivalent qualification
- Good IT skills including use of Microsoft Office
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Previous experience of working in a school is desirable but not essential as training will be provided
The successful candidate must be available to work 8.30am to 3.30pm Monday, Thursday and Friday.
Further details and an application form can be found
- Job Vacancies - Mareham Le Fen Church of England Primary School or
- please contact Tracy Walker (Bursar): email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01507 568304
Our School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure with barred checks, Disqualification from Caring for Children Regulation disclosure (DCCR), medical and reference checks. Pre-employment checks are in line with " Keeping Children Safe in Education"
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
The school advertising the vacancy will contact you directly regarding the outcome of your application and any interviews. When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health England Guidelines.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.