Senior Nursery Practitioner
Post available: Senior Nursery Practitioner
Salary: £23,498-£25,500 depending on experience and qualifications
Employer: Little Learners Nursery Group
Contract Type: Full time (36 hours per week- 4 days 8-6pm with 1 rest day)
Contract Term: Permanent (52 weeks)
Closing date: 28/11/2023
Start Date: ASAP
Our nurseries are growing and we have excellent professional development opportunities for enthusiastic and committed EYFS practitioners. Little Learners Nursery group is made up of St Saviour’s Nursery (Ofsted grade outstanding) and St Mary’s Nursery (Ofsted grade good). We provide a nurturing and safe environment in which children thrive as they learn. In 2019 we opened ‘Little Learners in Nature’ which is an outdoor provision, based at St Saviour’s, that draws on the principles of forest school. The children spend the day playing and learning outside and have access to ponds, tepees, mud kitchens, hammocks, a fire pit, a stone circle, a willow arch, bug hotels, and a giant den-making zone. They also get to care for our three resident alpacas!
We can offer you a wonderful and well-resourced learning environment. We are a strong, experienced, hard-working and friendly staff team. You must have a level 3 qualification in childcare and early education (or equivalent), with successful EYFS experience in an early years setting for a Senior Practitioner role.
We can offer:
• Enthusiastic, well-behaved children who are eager to learn
• Excellent career development
• Bespoke training programmes
• Free School Lunch when eating with the children
• Discount for your child attending our nurseries
• Opportunities to earn additional holiday through excellent service
• Loyalty bonus
• Retention incentives
• Annual pay reviews
• Apprenticeships available
• Hardworking, motivated and positive colleagues
• Close links with the church and local community
• Provide the children with a safe, secure and home like environment
• Have a working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
• Operate a key person system and liaise with parents, carers, and senior staff
• Plan, organise and implement a programme of activities to meet the needs of this age group and each individual child’s needs and interests
• Work as part of a highly motivated and professional team
Do you have:
• An appropriate qualification and/or recognised by the DFE as full and relevant for the
• The commitment to provide first class childcare
• The ability to promote good practice in a professional manner
• Good organisational skills
• A caring, kind and approachable manner
• An understanding of how children develop and learn
• Good English, Mathematics and ICT skills
• The ability to work on your own initiative
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Criminal Records Bureau. References will be taken up before interviews are offered.
Early application is encouraged as we review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert earlier than the stated deadline.
An application pack can be accessed via the advert.
All completed application forms should be returned to Alison Brown
Address: St Saviour, 33 Veralum Avenue, E17 8ER
Telephone: 0208 520 0612