30 Hours per week 8.30am – 3.30pm, Term time only
To start in as soon as possible
Thameside Primary is located in the heart of Caversham, just a 2 minute walk away from Caversham village. It’s a great community to come and work in.
At Thameside we celebrate inclusiveness, belonging and integrity as well as valuing and nurturing differences between us. This is an exciting time to join Thameside as we continue our journey to improve provision and progress for all of our children.
The school are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Teaching Assistant to join our diverse school and to work with specific children with SEND needs including willing to work on a 1:1 basis.
We require a caring and supportive individual to work with young children with challenging behavioural needs to assist them with their development and learning.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working as a Teaching or Learning Support Assistant in a school and have experience of working with children with SEND. You must be resilient and be willing to persevere to build rapport with children with complex and behavioural difficulties.
It is a challenging but very rewarding role!
If you have experience of working with children in a similar capacity but not in a school setting, we would still like to hear from you.
Your duties will include:
- Supporting the class teacher to implement planned lesson learning activities
- Interact and engage with individual pupils with complex SEN needs in a class and 1:1 basis.
- Keeping children safe in their surroundings and activities they engage in including dealing with first aid incidents
- General support in the classroom planning resources and setting up the classroom
- Providing administrative support to the class teacher to prepare resources for class or specific children
- Supervising children on the playground at break times and during lunchtimes
We are seeking candidates that have:
- Previous experience of working with children is preferable
- Commitment to working with children with SEND
- A good standard of English and Maths is essential Grade C or equivalent
- An ability to work with a team and diverse staff/pupil groups
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills
- Exceptional, highly motivated and hard-working
- Commitment to teamwork
- Patience and commitment to work with young people, some with challenging needs
If you are interested please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack or download from www.thamesideprimary.co.uk, About Us, Come & Work for us! Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
Closing date: Will consider applications on receipt of application forms returned.
Interviews will be arranged on receipt of applications. We wish to appoint by end of November with a view of starting in December or January depending on notice periods.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and is an equal opportunity provider. All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.