We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice to join a dynamic and motivated People Services team within Staffordshire County Council, helping deliver Human Resource advice and guidance to all employees across the business.
You will be assisting all managers and staff across the council, providing first line advice and guidance across the full range of People (Human Resources) policies and procedures.Main Responsibilities
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Advice and Guidance team in receiving and dealing with Human Resource related queries
- Learning about our polices, employment law and terms and conditions
- Communicating through a range of means such as face to face, phone, email to gain a full understanding of employee requests
- Develop strong working relationships with colleagues and managers across Staffordshire County Council
- Help us to find ways we can improve the information and guidance that is made available to our customers
The Ideal Candidate
- Show us your passion for Human Resources and be keen to progress a career in People (Human Resource) Services
- Be willing to complete the Level 3 HR Support apprenticeship
- Have great communication skills; be able to effectively and confidently communicate to colleagues and customers
- Have experience in a customer focused setting
- Be willing to learn how to understand and interpret policy and process to provide effective advice for managers and employees
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Be competent in using ICT and Microsoft applications
We are no ordinary county council:
The core of who we are as an organisation. Just like we all have personal values that shape our thoughts and behaviour, organisational values drive how we think and act collectively.
Our values were created and shaped by colleague feedback and national best practice and they sit at the heart of People Strategy:
We have a real sense of community spirit that brings our people together. This feeling of belonging means we are all connected to what we do and take pride in the difference we make every day for Staffordshire people. We are ambitious and our sights are set firmly on a better future.
We look forward and race ahead - that goes for your career too.
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits.
Our recruitment process:
As an Authority we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, a Silver Award Armed Forces employer and our commitment to supporting care leavers - we offer a guaranteed interview as long as your application meets the minimum criteria for the post.