The post holder will provide technical and administrative support to the whole of the Planning and Building Control Service including the validation of all types of applications received by the service. The prospective candidate will be expected to have extensive experience of working in a very busy office preferably in a technical or related discipline.
The role of Technical Support Officer is fixed term for 12 months from start date to carry out essential data cleansing work for Land Charges.
You must be able to work well under pressure and work to deadlines. You will be required to champion customer service to provide a modern, customer focussed, business friendly service.
Some of the duties include:
- Assessment of fees, receipting, validating, inputting and processing all applications received by the service, in respect of Planning, Building Control and Land Charges
- Raising of invoices and full use of the Council’s financial systems.
- Use and maintenance of accurate records, systems and databases/ spreadsheets to enable effective and useful information, reports and statistics to be produced
- Digitising financial charges on relevant system
- Responding to complaints made and use of the corporate complaints system
- Assisting the Placemaking and Policy team in any work associated with the team and Local Plan
- Processing of all appeals in respect of planning applications and enforcements
- To deputise for team leader in his/her absence
- Accurate maintenance of filing systems within the Service to enable files to be accurately located within the system
If you would like to talk to a member of the team about the role or have an informal discussion, please contact Jill McCluskey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that in accordance with the Council’s policy, employees who are in a formal redeployment situation will be considered in the first instance for all vacancies.
How to Apply
Follow the link to be directed to the Liverpool City Council Website where you will find details of how to apply!