Teaching Assistant L1
Mrs Mary Kings is a small, friendly rural primary school.
The governors are looking to appoint a caring and enthusiastic teaching assistant to support teaching and learning initially within a Y1 / Y2 mixed age class. This is a temporary post until 31st August 2024.
- Assisting the class teacher with the delivery of teaching to small groups for English and Maths
- Delivery of phonics sessions to small groups
- Motivating and encouraging pupils to achieve their full potential
- Supporting the creation of a quality learning environment and preparation of teaching resources
- Covering the class when required
We are looking for a candidate who ideally has:
- experience of working in a similar role excellent interpersonal skill;
- ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team; flexibility and adaptability;
- a willingness to learn and develop existing skills;
- a sense of humour;
- willingness to ‘go the extra mile’; a caring and nurturing nature.
A knowledge of the KS1 curriculum, in particular maths, English and phonics is desirable. The successful candidate will be required to deliver a daily session using the ‘Read Write Inc’ scheme to a small group.
Comprehensive training for this can be given but good spoken language and literacy skills are essential.
Our school offers a nurturing and supportive environment, with a clear emphasis on the values of respect and friendship.
The Carrdyke Federation is committed to safeguarding and the successful candidate will require a DBS check prior to starting the role.
Application form & Job description from firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01526 378330
If this sounds just like the opportunity you have been looking for then we would like to hear from you.
Closing date: 12:00 noon 4th December
Interviews: week beginning 11th December
Candidates are invited to visit the school and appointments can be made by calling the administrator Mrs Nicholson on 01526 378330 or emailing email@example.com
Our School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, medical and reference checks. Pre-employment checks are in line with " Keeping Children Safe in Education"
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
The school advertising the vacancy will contact you directly regarding the outcome of your application and any interviews. When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health England Guidelines.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.
How to Apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.