Salary: £31,587.53 per annum, pro rata
Contract type: Permanent
Working pattern: Full-time or Part-time
Closing date: Monday 9 October 2023, at 9am
Interview date: Wednesday 18 October 2023
How to apply: Please visit Job opportunities - St Michael's Hospice (stmichaelshospice.com) and complete an application form.
Who to contact if you have a query: Recruitment@stmichaelshospice.com
About the role
Our new Data and Information Officer needs to be passionate about data!
They need to be excited at the thought of bringing together large volumes of data from a variety of sources, interrogating, and presenting them to tell a story to others. They will need to be curious about the data; be interested in exploring anomalies, trends and patterns (and not be afraid of going down the occasional rabbit hole!). They will have the enthusiasm and motivation to learn and to share their knowledge with the team.
Full time hours are available for this role (minimum hours are 30 hours a week) and the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate they can:
- Manipulate raw data by organising, transforming and reshaping datasets. This will require knowledge of a programming language such as SQL, VBA, Python
- Understand the need to cleanse data and be able to do this
- Present complex information in a simplified manner that is easy for others to understand
- This will require at least advanced knowledge of developing dashboards in Excel using slicers, but knowledge of something like Power BI or Tableau would be better (or willingness to learn)
- Work in an environment where confidentiality and sensitivity are vital
- Prioritise own workload, cope with competing priorities and meet deadlines.
At St Michael’s Hospice we offer a friendly, team orientated work environment – a good pension scheme with the option to continue any existing NHS pension scheme membership, an Employee Assistance Programme, Benenden Healthcare, up to 29 days annual leave plus bank holidays, subsidised employee meals and free refreshments, free parking, supportive supervision and a proactive Education Department to support with your development. Hospice employees also qualify for a Blue Light Card with access to a huge array of discounts.
To apply for this position please visit our website www.stmichaelshospice.com and complete an application form. Please note CVs will not be accepted. We can make information about the vacancy available in alternative formats (for example, large print) on request, and we will consider applications in alternative formats (for example, electronically) if required, in which case please contact the HR team.
Please note if a vacancy is part time the salary will be pro rata.
Closing date: 9am Monday 9th October 2023
Interview date: Wednesday 18th October 2023
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.