We are looking to recruit a School Crossing Patroller to help enable children to cross roads safetly and effectively for their safe arrival to and from school.
- Available sites are:
- Bull Lane: (Garth Hill College) 8.10am – 8.45 a.m. & 3.00 p.m. – 3.35 p.m.
Bracknell Forest is a small unitary borough and so we share a close working relationship with the local community.
We administer a school crossing patrol service which is compliant with current legislation
We like to be friendly, and want to ensure parents and schools have a positive experience when using the service.
What it's like working in our team...
- The school crossing patrollers are required to work within the School Crossing Patrol Service Guidelines for which full training will be provided prior to starting.
- All though you will be required to work independently whilst on site, you will be surrounded by members of the local community.
- School crossing patrollers are highly respected within the Borough for their dedication and commitment to ensuring childrens safety crossing the road during their journey to and from school.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- To ensure the safety of children crossing the road on an approved site and at agreed times.
- To operate in accordance with the school crossing patrol Code of conduct.
- To maintain control over children who are waiting to use the patrol.
- To wear the uniform supplied and use the equipment provided for the safety of yourself, children and other members of the public affected by you duties.
- Report any problems, difficulties or incidents.
The benefits you will experience are...
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we're looking for...
We are looking for an enthusiastic, confident and reliable person with a strong focus on customer service. They will need to have, along other essential criteria:
- The ability to work alone.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience of dealing with members of the public.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Organisational ability.
Applications will be shortlisted on receipt and an interview date offered at a matually agreed time.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Holli Castle, Senior Admissions Offier
Tel.: 01344 354146
Bracknell Forest Council is recognised as a Disability Confident Employer, working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let us know if you need any adjustments at any point during the recruitment process.
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that we reserve the right to close the advert before the closing date if a suitable redeployee is identified.
We can only accept applications from candidates currently residing in the UK.
Any candidates that are currently residing in the UK and wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.