Midday Supervisor Level 1[x 2 posts
Pay Band B / SCP 1-2
£18,333 - £18,516 per annum, pro rata
[Actual Salary: £4,505 - £4,550 per annum]
10 hours per week / 46 weeks per year [Term Time Only]
To commence October 2023
The Governors of St Joseph the Worker are seeking to appoint 2 Midday supervisors for lunchtime 11.30am-1:30pm five days per week. To care for the children during the lunchtime break and to prepare, provide and oversee suitable activities during this time.
Main duties include:
- Supervising the welfare, security and good conduct of children during the mid-day break, enforcing the expected standards of school discipline.
- Overseeing the dining arrangements, including the hygiene of pupils and the dining area, including toileting, hand washing, cleaning spillages, insisting on and modelling good table manners.
- Provide and run activities for the children during indoor and outdoor play
- Promote inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Provide pastoral support to pupils
- To administer basic first aid where appropriately trained. This may include recording minor accidents and ensuring that relevant staff are informed and ensuring that more serious incidents are brought to the attention of the First-Aider.
Previous experience is unnecessary as on the job training will be provided. A genuine desire to work with children is essential.
St Joseph the Worker Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding, to promoting the welfare of children and adhering to the Equality Act 2010. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 2006 all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK. All employees are expected to abide by St Joseph the Worker Catholic Primary School Code of Conduct for Employees
Closing Date: 27, September 2023 at 12 noon