The starting salary for this position is £21,269 per annum, working 36 hours per week.
Are you enthusiastic, able to use your initiative and have an aptitude for working with people?
Are you ready to make a difference in someone's life?
Rodney Place is a Supporter Living service for adults with learning disabilities. We are looking for people who are motivated and committed to improving the lives of others and who have a desire to empower and promote independence.
We are looking for a reliable and committed Night Care Assistant to attend to the care needs of individuals during the night and ensure a safe environment is maintained. Promoting independence, choice and control for individuals is at the heart of this post.
To be considered for this role you should have:
- Confidence to use your initiative and make decisions independently, as this role involves lone working
- Good verbal and written communication skills are necessary
- The ability to record information accurately and follow guidelines, risk assessments and support plans
Night Care Assistants provide all areas of care at night, including:
- Supporting individuals with personal care
- Regular checks of individuals as specified in care plans
- Ensuring security checks of the building are made
- Promoting individual's rights / choice
- Notifying the duty officer of any significant change in the individuals
- Carrying out domestic duties (including cleaning, laundry, basic food prep) as directed
- Providing drinks / snacks for individuals during the night, as appropriate
Experience is not necessary but a positive approach in supporting adults as you would like to be supported is essential.
Surrey offers a full Induction Training Programme, scheduled on to your rota. New staff will have full support to complete your induction programme along with the mandatory courses, with further training for your own development. You will receive regular staff supervision and annual appraisals.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 08/10/2023. We do encourage candidates to apply as early as possible if available for an immediate start, as applications will be reviewed, and interviews held, on a rolling basis.
An Enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
We look forward to receiving your application. Please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of, please visit the advert on the employer site.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.