The starting salary for this role is £44,614 - £47,681 per annum per annum based on a 36-hour working week.
We are excited to be hiring a new Senior Social Worker to join our fantastic Epsom and Ewell Locality Team. The team is based in Fairmount House, Leatherhead where other colleagues from Adult Social Care can be found, enabling a collaborative approach to our work.
Staff development is really important in the Epsom & Ewell Team, and we positively encourage staff to progress in their role through training as well as work opportunities. The management team is very supportive and has a good track record of supporting staff to develop and progress in their career. The role is hybrid working with staff with a mixture of working in the office and from home.
At Surrey, we are proud to be leading the way in implementing new ways of working in personalisation and a recovery-focused strength-based approach.
Our goal is for our service-users to be able to be more in control of their care, making informed choices and being active citizens in their community.
About the role
Substantial post qualification professional experience as a social worker is required to be considered for this role. We are looking for a range of enthusiastic and dynamic qualified and registered social work professionals with a variety of skills and experiences. Whether you enjoy duty, long term assessment, or D2A work, etc. - we want to hear from you!
In your application, we would love to hear about your:
- Professional qualification in Social Work and current registration with Social Work England.
- Successful completion of an Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) programme if qualified as a social worker after June 2012.
- Experience in mental health service, including assessment and risk management skills.
- Working knowledge of Care Act legislation including experience in preparation of support plans, monitoring and reviewing outcomes.
- Commitment to your own professional development, including maintaining up-to-date knowledge of mental health issues.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 22/10/2023.
Interviews will take place on 14/11/2023.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit our website.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.