This is 12-18 month fixed term contract.
Within our Adult Social Care and Children’s Trust service areas, we are embarking on replacing the core case management solutions. This brings exciting opportunities to play a key role where you can actively support and help implement these systems.
In this role you will ensure systems are maintained and data is secure primarily by applying the agreed access policies, including the roles and responsibilities of users. You will own your role in providing the support; maintenance and advise on the development to all social services and education system applications.
As our expert, you will be the first point of contact within the team and DTI for all guidance, advice, and provision of knowledge on the systems defining the functions as they have been implemented and how they can be modified.Our benefits
We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days annual leave per year, 29 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme
- Professional subscriptions / registration - if your job description requires that you are registered with or are a member of a professional body, WNC will pay for your professional subscription or membership fees
- Employee Assistance Programme - We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options to support your work/life balance, including full or part time, term time, 9-day fortnight, etc. (subject to business needs).
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference - If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people's lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a key person within DTI for guidance and advice. Your knowledge and support of the systems and functions will be of great value to the team.
Supporting: Maintenance, support, and development of social care and education systems. Monitoring system usage, backups, performance, and data integrity checks. Providing helpdesk support. Managing changes in/to reference date, software upgrades and releases.
Testing: Testing the delivery of new and upgraded software. Involvement in projects to enhance, upgrade, develop or maintain the systems.
Technical Expertise and Collaboration: Acting as a knowledge resource, collecting system issues, liaising with IT services, monitor developments with the suppliers. Handling data import/export and maximizing productivity using IT tools. You will be the first point of contact for all forms of guidance, advice, and provision of knowledge on systems.About you
As a Systems Support Officer, you have a keen eye for maintaining and improving critical social care and education systems. From system performance to data integrity, you ensure seamless operations.
Your second-line support expertise shines as you swiftly tackle urgent system issues, bridging communication between staff and IT providers for uninterrupted business processes. Your advanced interpersonal skills build effective relationships, and as a team player, you collaborate and guide seamlessly. Under pressure, you prioritise efficiently, meeting tight deadlines.About us
We're a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government reform in recent history. As a new authority, we're embarking on an exciting journey to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and communities.
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is 'to make West Northants a great place to live, work, visit and thrive'. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance, Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver services.
Hear more from Anna Earnshaw, our Chief Executive, about working for West Northants Council: https://youtu.be/lV0EfeUF4aU
At West Northants Council, it's about our people. People who thrive with ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail, and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-minded people.
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.