This is a 12-18 month Fixed Term Contract.
Are you ready to take on a role that's all about making things work seamlessly? We're looking for someone who can connect the dots between business processes and system solutions, someone who can turn complex requirements into user-friendly systems.
Within our Adult Social Care and Children’s Trust service areas, we are embarking on replacing the core case management solutions. This brings exciting opportunities to play a key role where you can actively test and help implement these systems. You’ll be instrumental in maintaining our current live operations, ensuring compliance with statutory requirements and facilitating a smooth transition to new ways of working.
If you're passionate about technology and enjoy finding innovative solutions, this might just be the role for you!Our benefits
We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days annual leave per year, 29 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme
- Professional subscriptions / registration - if your job description requires that you are registered with or are a member of a professional body, WNC will pay for your professional subscription or membership fees
- Employee Assistance Programme - We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options to support your work/life balance, including full or part time, term time, 9-day fortnight, etc. (subject to business needs).
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference - If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people's lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
In this role you will demonstrate technical and functional skills, resolving complex issues, supporting the application and its users, and improving service quality and customer satisfaction. A typical day will include:
Technical Support: Attend internal user/technical groups, provide advice on system enhancements and improvements. You will be a subject matter expert in providing application support with complex queries, troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving queries and issues.
Testing Expert: Managing and co-ordinating user acceptance testing, creating test scripts that proactively identify issues before releasing to the business. It’s all about making sure everything runs smoothly.
Application Adviser: Work closely with software suppliers providing valuable insights and recommendations into their developments. Ensure all software developments are road mapped, developments are understood and the potential for the business is exploited.
Documentation: Responsible for updating functional specifications, system test scripts/plans and contributing to training material and user guides.About you
As a Systems Design and Implementation Officer, your technical expertise and forward-thinking approach contribute to the development and implementation of proposals that enhance our enterprise applications. Your collaboration with internal user groups and technical teams reflects your commitment to driving efficiency and optimising application usage. As a bridge between technology and business needs, you play a pivotal role in enabling WNC to harness the full potential of its applications.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about problem solving and has a natural liking and understanding for technology. Strong communication skills are a must, as you’ll work seamlessly with both technical and non-technical teams. Attention to detail is second nature to and you’ll thrive on multi-tasking.
Is this you? If so, we’d like to hear from you.About us
We're a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government reform in recent history. As a new authority, we're embarking on an exciting journey to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and communities.
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is 'to make West Northants a great place to live, work, visit and thrive'. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance, Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver services.
Hear more from Anna Earnshaw, our Chief Executive, about working for West Northants Council: https://youtu.be/lV0EfeUF4aU
At West Northants Council, it's about our people. People who thrive with ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail, and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-minded people.
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.