Job Title: Advanced Practitioner- Adult Safeguarding Team West
Location: Apsley, Hemel Hempstead
Starting Salary: £43,516 with the opportunity to progress to a maximum of £48,587 - Pay increase pending
Hours: 37 hours per week
Contract: Fixed Term or Secondment Opportunity for 12 months
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Diverse and Inclusive Adult Safeguarding team to deliver the vision to the People of Hertfordshire, so that they feel well informed about what’s available to them and they can lead safe, happy, and healthier lives in a way they choose.
You will play a key role in leading Safeguarding Practice and Partnership working.
This is a secondment opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge within the varied field of Adult Safeguarding.
Our dynamic team are looking for an Advanced Practitioner to join us to lead effectively and professionally the work of the specialist Adult Safeguarding Team, to fulfil Hertfordshire County Council’s Adult Safeguarding responsibilities in line with Section 42 of the Care Act and working within Hertfordshire safeguarding frameworks. The values and principles of Making Safeguarding Personal are intrinsic to the operations of the team.
This exciting role entails you to:
- Mentor and supervise staff, deliver induction programmes and training
- Contributes to learning and leads local peer group meetings
- Acts as the lead professional in Safeguarding Enquiries
- Works collaboratively in partnership with internal and external partners to achieve positive outcomes for service users and carers
Skills and Qualifications:
- Qualified Social Worker or Qualified Occupational Therapist registered with Social Work England (SWE)
- Relevant specialist post qualifying and or post graduate training
- Actively undertakes a specialist role e.g., AMHP, Practice Educator, Moving & Handling, Housing solutions lead or equivalent, or agreement to undertake these roles within the first year
- Works at the required level of the professional capabilities’ framework
This is an opportunity to bring your authentic self in an environment where you will be supported to reach your fullest potential in a specialist role of Safeguarding Adults in Hertfordshire, developing self, others, partnership working and lead area work.
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Amanda Bonds 07376384195
Closing Date: 31st October 2023
Interview Date: TBC
Benefits of working for us:
• Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
• Excellent Career Development
• Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
• Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
• Shopping Discounts
• Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
Disability Confident: We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
English Fluency: The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post (for those whose language is a signed language the provision of a sign language interpreter who speaks English to the necessary standard of fluency will be required). Further information about the legal requirement can be found here.
Safeguarding: Safeguarding children and adults is of utmost importance to Hertfordshire County Council. The Council requires employees to abide by legislation and best practice to enable Hertfordshire to achieve this. This role has been identified as requiring a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. For more information Click Here
Fixed Term and/or Secondment: This is a Fixed Term or Secondment vacancy. If you work for HCC or any other Local Authority and would like to be considered as a Secondment contract, please ensure you complete the attached Secondment Form as part of your application. If you do not, your application will be considered as a Fixed Term Contract only.
Driving Roles Only: As part of this role, you will be required to travel to other HCC Sites/Residences either using your own mode of transport or a company car. In light of this, the ability to drive and/or travel around the County is required for this role a DVLA check will be required on appointment.
How to Apply
As part of the application, you will be required to upload your most recent CV ensuring gaps in employment have been addressed and asked to answer the 4 key questions which are located at the end of the advert and a template can be found in the 'Available Documents'.
1. Please advise on qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience you have that you will bring to the role of Advanced Practitioner
2. Do you have experience in leading, chairing and managing meetings? Explain and give examples of knowledge, skills, and experience in this area.
3. Give examples of how you support and help develop others
4. Provide examples of partnership working you have been engaged in
If you do not provide answers to the questions and upload to your application, your application will be rejected.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.