Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 25 per week
Are you a kind, caring individual, with patience and empathy? Would you enjoy creating great meals that support individuals to live fulfilled, happy and enriched lives?
At Plean Dene in Shanklin, we provide a safe, warm, friendly and welcoming home environment for our residents.
Our job is to ensure that those we care for lead an active, fulfilling and enriched lifestyle and we are looking to appoint a positive, committed person to work in the kitchen providing a high standard of cooking for our residents in our authority-run homes for adults with learning disabilities and ‘behaviours that challenge’.
- You will play a key role in delivering a high-quality service, which has a person-centred approach and actively supports and maximises residents' independence and life experience.
- You will have a basic knowledge of Food Hygiene Regulations
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate an appropriate level of literacy and numeracy with a clear commitment to excellence to enable ordering of supplies via online shopping required for our residents to enjoy a healthy nutritious diet and to meet all dietary needs of individuals.
All foods are sourced from local suppliers.
- You will be responsible to maintain weekly budget, ordering weekly from various local suppliers, ensuring that stocks are rotated.
- You will also be responsible for keeping the kitchen cleaned up to high standards and ensuring that we maintain our ‘5 Star’ rating with Environmental Health and working with your Co-Assistant Cook.
- You will be well supported and receive regular structured supervision, training and development opportunities.
Contact us today to discover how you can fit in with our team as an Assistant Cook at Plean Dene!
Closing Date: Rolling Advert
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.