To provide exceptional service at first line, supporting users of desktop computer services, telephone systems, local and wide area networks, the server infrastructure and application software, ensuring that Customers’ incidents and requests are resolved in line with Service Level Agreements. Providing a single point of contact for our Customers by “owning” all customer communications.
To maximise the productivity of the users, ensuring that IT services and systems are being used to the best advantage of the Organisation, in terms of cost and productivityOur benefits
We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days annual leave per year, 29 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme
- Payment of professional subscription / membership - If your job description requires that you are registered with or are a member of a professional body, WNC will pay for your professional subscription or membership fees.
- Employee Assistance Programme - We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options to support your work/life balance, including full or part time, term time, 9-day fortnight, etc. (subject to business needs).
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference - If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people's lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
- Provide a single point of contact for the users of IT for incidents and requests so that they only need to call one number for any IT issue.
- Resolve all 30 minute activities or less at the first point of contact, thus ensuring a rapid restoration of service for users in line with SLAs, whilst prioritising incidents and requests in accordance with the impact to the Users and for the business and our.
- Using Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) best practice methodology to provide a high standard of information to facilitate quality management reporting, to be able to improve first line resolution, identify areas for where productivity can be improved using automations tools, AI, self-service and FAQs
- Action and initiate effective communications to service users over failures and scheduled IT Services availability, so the user community is informed, the desk maintains KPIs and users are able to make informed decisions
- Respond to and provide advice and information on service requests/queries regarding IT solutions
- Maintain Active directory for IT Networked Users, where requests are received for new users and for existing users requiring amendment, to their information, whilst adhering to process regarding the security of the network, licences and systems
- Create and maintain effective documentation for internal and external training plus information such as FAQs and user guides, for business as usual and when on-boarding new business partners
- Demonstrate awareness/understanding of equal opportunities and other people’s behavioural, physical, social and welfare needs.
- Ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and other persons, and to comply with the policies and procedures relating to health and safety within the department.
- Carry out any other duties which fall within the broad spirit, scope and purpose of this job description and which are commensurate with the grade of the post.
You must demonstrate emotional intelligence, flexibility, have the skills necessary to work under pressure, and within a team environment.
Having previous experience is essential, along with excellent communication skills, natural empathy and decision making skills.
We are looking for like-minded individuals who have/are:
- A 'can-do' attitude
- Able to work in a team
- Attention to detail
- Clear communication and listening skills
- Engaging and have a friendly personality
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Able to meet performance targets.
- Problem-solving skills
- Able to provide exceptional and effective customer-focused service.
- Able to work closely with colleagues to seek feedback
This role is based in Northampton.About us
We’re a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government reform in recent history. As a new authority, we’re embarking on an exciting journey to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and communities.
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is ‘to make West Northants a great place to live, work, visit and thrive’. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance, Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver services.
Hear more from our Chief Executive, Anna Earnshaw, about what it's like to work at West Northants Council https://youtu.be/lV0EfeUF4aU
At West Northants Council, it’s about our people. People who thrive with ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail, and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-minded people.
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.