We’re helping our residents to live happier lives. By giving our people better opportunities.
Each day brings new challenges and we have to react to the demands of vulnerable homeless clients in temporary accommodation and ensure that our accommodation meets all Health & Safety Regulations and remains safe to be used to accommodate our customers. We want our clients to feel safe and secure and to get people back on their feet quickly.
These are just some of the things you will be supporting us to do when you join us. You are going to have a big impact on what we do, so you’ll be trusted to take ownership of your work.
This role isn’t just about providing professional building surveying expertise, it’s about playing an exciting and evolving role in making a long-term difference.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest!
What it’s like working in our team…
The Housing Management Team is a busy team providing an extensive and responsive property management service to homeless clients placed into temporary accommodation. Sitting within the Welfare and Housing Service the team support each other by working closely together to achieve the right results and to deliver a holistic service to clients who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. You will be involved in varied and challenging work daily.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- We’re looking for an experienced surveyor to join our team. Working to deliver the planned/cyclical programme you will be responsible for ensuring projects are effectively procured, meet all statutory and legislative requirements, achieve value for money and meet our internal governance policies and procedures.
- To deliver the professional building surveying work to the Council’s temporary accommodation stock, oversee the cyclical compliance programme and capital works programme, day to day repairs, void, adaptation and refurbishment and acquisitions.
- Responsible for the health and safety of tenants, other visitors, neighbours and the public at large for the properties that are under the Council’s ownership, leasing arrangements and / or for which the Council has a landlord’s legal responsibility, to ensure that properties are safe to rent out and live in.
- We will support you to undertake relevant training for your role where approriate.
The benefits you will experience are…
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to undertake building surveying duties. With an excellent working knowledge of building construction, The Building Regulations and Health & Safety legislation including regulations concerning fire prevention and safety, legionella, asbestos, gas and electrical is essential. You will have to be able to diagnose complex building related defects. You’ll undertake tasks and manage building surveying projects, working as part of a small team and also liaising with external framework surveyors.
Interviews will be held between 27th & 30th October.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Name: Sarah Baynes
Job Title: Housing Resources Service Manager
Phone Number: 01344 351435
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
We can only accept applications from candidates currently residing in the UK.
Any candidates that are currently residing in the UK and wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.