Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of young people? Are you a skilled practitioner with an understanding of Play and experienced supporting young people with their wellbeing and independence.
If so, we are looking to recruit an Activity Ranger who can provide training to young people to support our independent travel to school programme, with the necessary skills and to build confidence in young people to travel independently using public bus transport. Our mission is to encourage young people to move away from relying on taxis and embrace the freedom and responsibility of traveling to school independently.
Hours are predominantly required before and after school days to align with the development and independence of young people traveling to school or colleges, yet as a casual Activity Ranger your skills as a practitioner in Play and as a positive role model can be valuable to support additional work the service provides, such as play clubs, term time play referrals and work in schools.
As an Activity Ranger you will play a vital role in supporting access to facilities to improve physical engagement and wellbeing whilst ensuring standards are high both in terms of customer service and being a positive role model for young people the service supports across the Active reading service for our community.
This is a causal post, therefor work will be agreed around your availability but please note we are looking to an individual who can commit to before and after School hours to train young people.
About the role
- Coordinate with team members and manage a diverse range of play-based and sports provisions that focus on increasing physical activity, educational attainment and improving wellbeing of young people.
- Support the team with administration needs relating to the projects you are involved in.
- Focus on travel training and be available to work before and after school to support travel referrals made to the team.
- Your role will include direct support and you will act as a positive role model for young people, this can consist of supporting with our onsite activities at the Ranger Station, low ropes, mini golf, archery, football, and sports courts bookings when required.
- This is a causal post, therefor work will be agreed around your availability but please note we are looking to an individual who can commit to before and after School hours to train young people.
Qualifications or experience:
- Experience working with young people or running similar leisure or play services.
- Strong understanding of play-based learning and its benefits for young people.
- Excellent organisational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders and build strong relationships.
- Demonstrated passion for supporting the personal development and well-being of individuals.
- Experience with project planning.
Active Reading is looking for a creative and highly motivated person, If you are ready to make a real difference in the lives of young people our community in a dynamic environment, we want to hear from you. You will need to be both passionate about your work and excited about the opportunity to deliver a wide variety of activities and sporting opportunities for our community and create an inclusive and welcoming environment.
For more information on this position please contact email@example.com
Closing Date: 02 October 2023
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment