Homes First manages a combined property portfolio of over 8,500 homes over both Lewes District and Eastbourne Borough Councils. Investing almost £20M per annum in maintenance, service contracts, major repairs and improvements. Our service is also growing as the Councils' new investment companies develop new housing covering a range of different tenures and accommodation types.
Working as a Maintenance Surveyor in the Repairs Team, you will be undertaking residential property surveying and contract administration duties for a portfolio of 8,500 properties. Working across three work streams you will ensure that the repairing obligations, adaptations and void works are delivered to a high standard, and in adherence to the terms of tenancy agreements, leases, management agreements and statutory legislative requirements.
Homes First has a varied property portfolio from rural individual properties to flats in busy town centres. This varied role involves all of the following, and is an excellent opportunity to gain experience across of a range of surveying functions.
- Inspection and diagnosis of building defects
- Producing clear specifications, schedules of work and instructions to remedy defects, provided disabled adaptations and void works.
- Identify where it maybe more cost effective to refer repair work for inclusion in larger major repair programmes
- Supervise works in progress
- Inspect and sign off completed works across all workstreams
- Evaluate, approve or reject claims and invoices received from contractors
- Investigate and respond to customer complaints
- Obtain and evaluate tenders and quotations
- Assist with Insurance claims
- Ensure section 20 notices are issued to leaseholders where necessary
- Monitor and report on the performance of contractors
- Manage works to vacant properties to minimise rent loss.
- Maintain accurate inspection records, and
You will need to be able to diagnose a wide range of defects from an excellent understanding of building pathology, write clear and concise specifications, estimate the cost of works and be experienced with schedule of rates. You must hold a recognised building technical qualification or have relevant experience in a similar role. excellent IT skills and strong customer service skills, you should be used to building relationships with internal and external partners.