Hours of work: 32.5 Hours
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Friday 6 October 2023
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
The Turning School
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
- School: The Turing School
- Salary: MPS/UPS + TLR
- Full Time; Permanent.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Head of RE to lead the department. The successful candidate will have the vision and creativity, to inspire students and lead the continued development of the RE department.
In addition to the conditions laid out in the generic Job Description for teachers as outlined in the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document, you will:
- Have responsibility for raising standards in quality of teaching and learning in the subject area.
- Be responsible for liaising with the school SLT and teachers, setting and working towards curriculum goals based on engagement and attainment.
- Commit to your own personal training and development.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Are able to develop, implement and deliver an inspiring curriculum in a vibrant learning environment;
- Have the ability and passion to motivate and make RE interesting and relevant to pupils;
- Have obtained at least a high quality degree in a related subject area;
- Have high expectations and aspirations for all students;
- Are committed to our vision to ensure student well-being and good progress is at the heart of everything we do.
Part of Swale Academies Trust, The Turing School is at its heart, a community school. We pride ourselves on knowing all of our students and families, and we work together to support and develop our young people into becoming successful, confident and happy young adults.
Join us to benefit from:
- Excellent on-site facilities;
- Bank of resources across the Trust;
- Excellent CPD programme;
- Being part of a highly successful Trust;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- An Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) – supporting wellbeing and providing advice to all employees;
- Recruitment referral incentives;
- Free parking on site.
We thank you for your interest. If you would like to know more about our school, please visit our website: https://www.theturingschool.org.uk/
Full details of the requirements of the post can be found in the accompanying recruitment pack. Details are also available to download from our website www.theturingschool.org.uk
If you are interested in this post, please contact Gemma Sorrell-Fleet, Office Manager for an informal discussion. firstname.lastname@example.org and 01323 465700
Completed application forms should be sent to Gemma Sorrell-Fleet, Office Manager, email@example.com or by post to The Turing School, Larkspur Dr, Eastbourne BN23 8EJ. Please note, we cannot accept CVs.
If you experience any difficulty in completing the application form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01795 426091 (option 2)
In accordance with current GDPR compliance we will not keep any details / application forms on file once the position is filled.
Interview Date: w/c 9th October 2023
Swale Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from ROA and will require an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.