Rathfern Primary School is looking for an Administrative Assistant to start work in October 2023.
We are a highly successful school that places learning at its very heart.
You will need to be able to demonstrate the skills required to work successfully as part of a team, as well as using your own initiative.
Rathern Road, Catford SE6 4NL
What we are looking for
We are looking to appoint a highly committed, passionate and diligent individual to join our learning community as soon as possible. We need someone who is flexible and is an excellent team worker.
We are seeking someone who:
· Has excellent communication skills and match the skills listed in our person specification
· Has excellent organisational skills and is able to prioritise workload
· Has a strong commitment to working in partnership with parents and the community
· Has a commitment to their own professional development
Responsibilities will include:
· Undertaking reception duties, answering telephone and face to face enquiries
· Assist in the arrangements for school trips, etc
· Sort and distribute mail and parcels
· Maintain computerised records
· Photocopying, laminating, filing and stock
· Preparing school meals reports
· Manage Nursery admissions and updating FIS portal
· Producing School’s Newsletter
· Any other duties commensurate with the scale
In return we can offer:
· a caring, committed and hardworking staff
· supportive Governors, parents and local authority
· a well resourced teaching environment
· a school ethos where every child matters
· happy, positive, lively children who want to achieve
Scale 3, spine point 5-6, £26,193- 26,625 pro rata term time only including inset days
39 weeks per year – 35 hours per week - permanent
8.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.
Post is subject to 6 months probation period
If you feel you meet the short-listing criteria on the person specification and you have the qualities we are looking for, we look forward to hearing from you. We welcome visits to our school. If you would like to visit us, please contact a member of our school office on 0208 690 3759 or send us an email to email@example.com
Rathfern Primary School in committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Our recruitment processes follow the guidance in the Department for Children, Schools and Families document Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education. All staff will be required to undertake a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and you will need to provide two employer references. A satisfactory DBS must be received before employees can start work in our school.
Original evidence of right to work within the United Kingdom will be required prior to commencement of employment i.e. National Insurance Number, Work Permits or Indefinite Leave to Remain. If the applicant has lived/worked overseas for 12 months or more since the age of 18, they will also be required to obtain a Certificate of Good Conduct from the country (ies) they lived/work in at their own expense and provide these for our records.
Mid-day Friday 22^nd September 2023
Please download the job description and person specification, and complete the attached job application form. Please email your complete application form to:
Please note CVs are not accepted.
Interviews will be held on week commencing 2^nd October 2023
Click Here for Job Description and Person Specification
Click Here for Equal Opportunities Policy
Click Here for Application Form
Click Here for Safeguarding Form