Salary: £21,205 - £22,437
Hours: 37 hours per week
Closing date: 28th September 2023
Portsmouth City Council
Portsmouth is a vibrant university city, with a rich maritime history on the South coast enjoying excellent transport links to the rest of the country.
Portsmouth City Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. It is also committed to promoting quality childcare across the city that works to improve outcomes for children.
DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment and this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Every post is subject to PCC and Portsmouth Safeguarding Children’s Board safer recruitment procedures.
The Children and Families Services supports and protects Portsmouth's most vulnerable children and young people enabling them to lead safer, healthier and more fulfilling lives. It also acts as the corporate parent for the city's looked after children.
Going forward, the service and its Business Support function will embrace change, have a strong and sharp focus on exceptional customer care, and will respond flexibly and effectively to transformational developments.
You will provide high quality administrative Business Support within the Battenberg Family Contact Centre, based in North End- Portsmouth. The main duties of the post include looking after the reception side of the centre and to be the first point of contact for parents, carers, along with other agencies on the phone and face to face.
The role also involves collating accurate and professional records, overseeing a busy room booking system as well as the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure ensuring the smooth running of the building.
Please read the job profile for the full details of this role
What you'll need to succeed
Who is the person?
You will need:
- Have experience or working in an administrative role.
- Ideally, have experience of working within Children's and/or Young People's Services, with a basic knowledge of Safeguarding.
- Have excellent telephone, and face to face communication skills to be able to deal with a very wide range of caller such as other agencies, professionals and service users. Have a customer-focus (internal and external) and be able to demonstrate consistently high standards of customer care and customer service.
- Have good attention to detail & accuracy, strong organisational skills and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Teams and confident using IT systems (outlook/word/excel/databases) to undertake the admin tasks of the role.
What you'll get in return
We really appreciate our employees and fully realise they are essential to our success and look to offer an inclusive, supportive working environment where employees can reach their potentials with a healthy work life balance, offering the following rewards:
- Generous annual leave (27 days per year rising to 31, pro rata for part time hours) with the potential to purchase additional leave .
- A fantastic pension which allows you the opportunity to pay in more for that greater return.
- Flexible working hours.
- Access to a wide range of training and development opportunities including apprenticeships.
- Extensive wellbeing support through the Employee Assistance Programme
- Discount on travel, travel loans and the bike loan scheme
- Discounts on a wide range of goods and services – access a range of discounts and offers from thousands of restaurants, shops and more.
Staff rewards: https://careers.portsmouth.gov.uk/working-for-the-council/
The full job profile is attached here
Contact Details for an Informal Discussion:
We are a disability confident employer - committed to ensuring that our recruitment and selection process is inclusive and accessible and welcome applications from all areas of society.
Remember to demonstrate why you are suitable against each of the points described in the 'Who is the Person' points on the Job Profile using examples from your experience or transferable skills. This might be through qualifications or descriptive examples from your work / personal experience, which clearly illustrates what you did and the effect it had.
Applicants will be shortlisted based on their ability to use good examples that meet the criteria of this role.
Please ensure you provide your full education history from secondary school, include name/address of establishment, details of relevant qualifications & awarding body.
Please explain any gaps - this is essential for all safeguarding children's roles.
You may wish to attach an additional letter or document to supplement you application.
We will email applicants from time to time; please ensure you check e-mail folders as sometimes our e-mails may go into spam/junk folders.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.
Should you require any support in completing the application form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org