Are you a driven, passionate and committed individual who can contribute to the continued success of our fantastic school? If this sounds like you, then we would like to hear from you!
We are looking for a Bursar / School Business Manager who will play a key part in the organisational, financial and premises management, administration and smooth running of the school. As part of the Senior Leadership Team, the Bursar / School Business Manager will work closely with the Headteacher to drive excellence in financial and operational performance and to continually seek to optimise the school’s financial position.
Cranbourne Primary can offer:
- A great learning environment for children with a strong family ethos
- A working environment where staff and children are valued and treated with respect
- Hard working, committed and dedicated staff who strive to gain the best outcomes for all of our pupils
- Incredible pupils who are proud to come to our school and are motivated to be the best
- Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team who put the interests of the children first and are committed to the continual improvement of the school
The successful candidate:
- Overall financial management of the school
- Responsibility for all operational and strategic interests including facilities and premises, IT, HR, administration, lettings and procurement
- Be an enthusiastic team member who has high expectations of themselves and others and is passionate about all children achieving success
- A proven track record of excellent financial management and administrative ability
- Has the ability to plan and prioritise their own and others’ workload, performing well under pressure and working effectively as part of a team
- Be highly visible, leading by example and bringing new ideas and ways of working to the school
30 hours per week preferably across five working days, however the exact working pattern may be discussed at interview. Term time only + INSET + two weeks.
Start date: 2nd January 2024
Salary BG-G/F (SCP 25-30/SCP 31-36) FTE £32,020 - £36,298/FTE £37,261 - £42,503 dependant on experience and qualifications. Actual salary pro rata based on 30 hours and actual weeks worked.
Closing date for applications Sunday 8th October at 12pm. Applications will be considered on receipt.
How to Apply
How to Apply - Only applications received on Bracknell Forest application forms will be considered.
Safeguarding - Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people. This position requires an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check because it involves contact with (or access to data concerning) children.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. If you are successful in being shortlisted for this position, you will be required to complete a self-declaration formTo find out more about the application process for working with children, young people and adults at risk visit https://www.bracknell-forest.gov.uk/jobs/policies-relating-job-applications/applications-work-those-risk
The Bracknell Forest Safeguarding Board (BFSB) oversees the safety and well-being of children in Bracknell Forest - https://bracknellforestsafeguarding.org.uk/
Equal Opportunities - We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to providing equality of opportunity to all. Our aim is to treat all employees and prospective employees with integrity, respect and consideration.
Disability - We are a Disability Symbol User and as such have made a commitment to guarantee an interview to all applicants with a disability who meet the essential criteria of the person specification.
Pre–employment medical check - As a condition of the Offer of Employment, the successful applicant will be asked to complete an Occupational Health questionnaire form.
References - On your application form you will be asked to provide the names and addresses of two people who will provide a reference. At least one must be from your current employer, completed by a suitable person with appropriate authority. We take up references for all shortlisted candidates and wherever possible we like to apply for these prior to interview.
Employment - Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.