This role has a starting salary of £20,733 per annum, based on a 36 hour working week.
This role is a 24 month Fixed Term apprenticeship opportunity.
We are very excited to be recruiting a Business Administrator Level 3 Apprentice within the Finance Improvement team of the fantastic Finance service to work with us at our Woodhatch office in Reigate.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups, particularly those with EHCP's or any additional needs.
The Finance Service are delivering a Finance Improvement Programme to ensure we have the right financial capability, systems and processes for the future. Key to this is the Finance Academy, a range of learning and development tools equipping finance staff and managers across the organisation with financial management skills and knowledge.
We're looking for fresh ideas and inspiration to help us continuously develop the Finance Academy and realise our goal of excellent financial management so if you're up for the challenge, we want to hear from you!
We want this apprenticeship to be an opportunity for you to gain experience across a wide range of duties putting you in the best position to succeed in your apprenticeship qualification and take the first steps on your exciting career journey! In this role, you will;
- Keep the Finance Academy up to date by adding, deleting and reviewing content and pages
- Get to grips with the Finance Academy platform and think creatively about ways to continuously improve it
- Assist with the planning and organising of various meetings, workshops and events
- Help to review and analyse the feedback from our training, workshops and customer survey and present in a visual way
- Provide support to others within the Finance team as needed including editing documents and inputting/analysing data.
We won't be expecting you to jump in and be able to do this all from day one. You'll first go through an induction period allowing you to get used to the office and the team. As you gain more confidence in your role, you'll be supported to do more and more!
The learning side of your apprenticeships will be delivered by Surrey Adult Learning with workshops taking place once a month and take place face to face. As you progress through your course, you'll have one to ones with training assessors between once a week and once a month dependant on the needs of the learner. These take place virtually on MS Teams. On average, you'll spend 4 days a week working and learning on the job and 1 day a week studying and completing work towards your qualification which will be the equivalent of 2 A-Levels.
As your qualification comes to an end and you begin to turn your eye to the future, we have a fantastic support programme in place that will put you in the best position to take the next step on your exciting career journey. Our desire is for all our apprenticeships to be the first step on a long and successful career journey within SCC.
Applying with us is simple! We aren't asking for a CV all we ask if you to answer a few questions open and honestly to see if this job is a good match for you! They will be;
- What excites you about applying for this apprenticeship?
- Tell us about a time when you took the initiative to learn something new outside of education. It could be a hobby, skill, or subject that interested you. How did you go about learning it? What did you gain from the experience? Did you come up against any challenges?
- Describe a team project or group activity you were involved in. What was your role in the team? How did you contribute to the overall success of the team? Did you come up against any obstacles? How did you overcome them?
- If you have been set some tasks with different deadlines, how would you go about completing those tasks? Which tasks would you start with first? How would you find out more about those tasks? Who would you speak to if you needed help?
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 01/10/2023.
This is a 24 month secondment / fixed term apprenticeship contract.
Please note: This apprenticeship is only available for those who will not be enrolled in another government funded programme as of 1st September 2023 and do not possess a qualification at a higher or the same level as this one in the same subject. If you have any questions regarding your eligibility please contact us.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit our website.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups. We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.